Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 4039 times)

Widmerpool

• Linux is the future
Hi
« on: March 22, 2010, 03:03:47 PM »

Hi all, I'm another registering after the chaos on dslzone.
I'm with O2 LLU and very pleased with really fast speeds all the time, but  your ISP rating section doesnt separate O2 LLU from L2 non LLU.
I dont wish to start my time with u by moaning but it might be a good idea to do that since O2 LLU is good and O2 LLU has a poor reputation. :P

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 03:10:52 PM »

Hi, widmerpool, and welcome..........I'm sure your comments will be looked at carefully.  :)

Widmerpool

• Linux is the future
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 03:13:17 PM »

.........I'm sure your comments will be looked at carefully.  :)

thatll be a first anyhow :lol: :lol: :lol:
must tell my missis

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 03:14:12 PM »

Hi Widmerpool.............A trouble causer hey.............Only joking      :D       welcome to the forums.

Re,O2 it is a valid point you make...the difference with LLU and non O2 LLU seems to be vast,and thus it drags the LLU ratings down.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 03:27:19 PM »

'Allo 'Allo  Widmerpool.   .....    I wish I knew what you were talking about  :'(  :D      but   welcome   ...and remember not to take any notice of any technical advice I give   :lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 03:52:53 PM »

Welcome Widmerpool :)
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 01:10:16 AM »

Hi widmerpool and welcome to the forums.

>> your ISP rating section doesnt separate O2 LLU from L2 non LLU

I do appreciate what you are saying, because there is a vast difference between the two, and it is something that has been mulled over before.
I certainly dont mind you bringing it up :)

However, its unlikely that this would be implemented for the following reasons:-

~ Be/O2 already have a separate module in the code with a select due to Be/O2 IPs being indistinguishable from each other.  I asked Brett & Ollie about this, but IPs are issued random hence why there's the additional drop down already.  I don't see anyway I could automatically distinguish between the 2 technologies.

~ Believe it or not, many people we see here when they first arrive, don't know if they are on o2 LLU or IPStream - never mind know what LLU is.  We are a friendly forum and tend to attract a fair few non-techy types asking for help...  therefore these type of users wouldn't have a clue what to select.

~ The biggie - It would set a precedence, and I foresee other ISPs/users requesting we split their services down too.. which could then go even further for 20CN/21CN etc.
If I did it for one ISP, then for the site to remain unbiased, I have to do it for other ISPs too.

As a compromise the form states "It would be helpful to other users if you could state which product you are on."
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything