Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: adsl front plate..................  (Read 5337 times)

not/einstein

adsl front plate..................
« on: February 19, 2010, 07:52:14 PM »

kitz have you come across an adsl front plate version 10?..........................

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: adsl front plate..................
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 10:44:40 PM »

I think you may be referring to the normal BT filtered faceplate v1.0 - see here about half-way down the page.
  Eric

not/einstein

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 08:41:24 PM »

thank you Eric i had a feeling that was the one . its just that someone mentioned it in conversation and i just wanted to make sure .................. ;)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 09:54:00 PM »

Hi Notty,

Don't forget that the usual rules apply. Only wire up pins 2 & 5 on any extension cables to slave sockets, leaving the ring wire disconnected.
Given that this is sometimes called a SSFP (I.e. special systems) I'm surprised BT O still seem to insist in connecting the ring wire.

Kind regards,
Walter

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 07:06:17 PM »

Stands for Service specific front plate.

If you have the dsl front plate of the one with the bell choke on a normal front plate (which is found on nte's with the openreach logo. of a retrofitted one by a bt engineer the front pstn flap is a slight off white/very pale grey colour) then the bell wire is filtered.

The vast majority of nte's won't have a filter for the bell wire so there you can experiment to see if disconnecting the bell wire improves the signal. If so then you can either leave the bell wire disconnected or fit an I-plate (which is the same as a bell choked bt front plate).

If you get an improvement in signal by plugging into the test socket regardless of disconnecting the bell wire then you need to look at the dsl ssfp whcih filters the bell wire and the 2 voice wires as these are causing the problem. The disadvantage is the nte becomes the only place where your router/modem can pick up a broadband signal. (unless you also fit a data extention kit)