Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wed 13 Jan Chat  (Read 3609 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Wed 13 Jan Chat
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:54:04 AM »

Good morning all  :)

Freezing cold here and black ice on the road.

Our roads are still covered in snow and where the car tyres have been and wore it away there is black ice.Its a disgrace that the council haven't gritted.There are a few hundred houses on our estate and only one exit/entrance on to the main dual carraigeway off it.

I got up with Sue this morning after spending a restless night with quite a bit of pain in my knees,will try and grab a couple of hours later on.

Have a good day and be careful if you are going outdoors.  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Wed 13 Jan Chat
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 06:32:22 AM »

Morning all :)

The Black ice is terrible, we had it here until just a couple of days ago, and the council round here didn seem to bother with non main roads either.

Some-one else had a restless night too :(

Hope Blue is a lil better today UB.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 07:21:21 AM »

Hope Blue is a lil better today UB.

Thanks Kitz,he's not too bad.Sue is going to have a word with the vet about his diet.He always had tins of Butchers tripe mix(vile smelling stuff)but he likes it.
When he had and upset stomach and diarrhea a few months ago the vet told us to give him Chappie chicken and rice,which he ate ok,but now he is not too bothered about it so we put him back on Butchers and he has started with diarrhea again.
He had Butchers for years without any problems?I am wondering if his stomach has got more sensitive now he is getting old?

The Black ice is terrible, we had it here until just a couple of days ago, and the council round here didn seem to bother with non main roads either.

There has been a lot of complaints in Sheffield that the council has given preference with gritting side roads on the south side of the city(The well to do part)They of course deny it. >:(

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 08:25:18 AM »

Good morning all you night owls.........do none of you ever go to bed.. ;D

The thaw continues. The roads are now covered in melt water running off, and apart from the odd patch of compacted ice waiting for the unwary there is no problem in moving about.
Thus the Council, who have done nothing to treat the roads or pavements for the last month.......are now out gritting.. ???

TD is feeling a bit more spritely today having had the first nights sleep since last Friday, and the first meal since Friday.
The younguns will be back from their winter holiday at the weekend....too late to help with the fun and games, of course.

@ unkyUb.......I hope Blue gets a good report from the vet when Sue takes him along...I am getting concerned for him. If he is getting picky about his food, a day or two starvation may help.

Have a good day and be careful if you are out and about.  :)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 09:08:11 AM »

The thaw continues.

Not here in Birmingham , we had about 3" of snow in the night and it's still coming down at the moment.

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 09:36:17 AM »

TO ALL  !     

TD    ...:o  It's Wednesday  !!   first meal since Friday  !!  ....   I'm glad you are feeling better,  take care won't you !   I hope the 'younguns' are going to spoil you when they get back    :)

Unc  ... butchers tripe   . . makes me feel bilious  ;D   but if Blue has enjoyed it all this time there must be something in it !   Scotty's diet is in the main dry, but he loves any vegetables, rice and pasta, AND fruit  ... so he always has a small portion of one of those ....but we stopped giving him Ceasar following advice from the vet.  Different breeds - different foods I suppose., although I thought by giving him Ceasar I was spoiling him  :'(  ....(probably was but in a different way  ;D )

It's positively tropical this morning here  ...  well, it feels like it after the last few days   ...  so I'm working on the premise that the only way is up and that it won't belong before my yellow dusters are posted all over the place   :D

Do take care with all that ice about   ......  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 10:37:04 AM »

TD is feeling a bit more spritely today having had the first nights sleep since last Friday, and the first meal since Friday.

Dear me TD, you have been in the wars. I'm pleased to hear that you're feeling more sprightly.

The weather is having a last fling here today - it's snowing and it's quite cold, but it's forecast to warm up tomorrow and onwards. :fingers:

I do wonder where Chrissie has got to. I hope she's OK.

Enjoy your day everyone. :)
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 03:03:47 PM »

Update on Blue.

Back from vets.

Put him back on Chappie(chicken and rice)....more than likely got a sensitive stomach.

Could have been the tablets upsetting him.

As for his barking..........could be hearing loss(join the club) due to his age and all he is doing is making himself heard.

Could do with losing a few pounds,

But the bottom line is ..he is doing remarkably well for his age. :thumbs:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 03:07:41 PM »

:thumbs: :clap: :clap2:

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 03:08:20 PM »

We had about 2" of the white stuff and it's still coming down, there has been lots of cars coming off the roads with black ice, the local area bus's are on emergency time table with lots canceled .
I was going to go to one of the nearby towns post offices to take back the damaged microwave door I ordered, if they pack correctly in the first place it would not be damaged  >:D, But with all the snow its going to wait.

Anybody been looking at the BBC2 Great Railway Journeys 18.30 or iplayer  ;) with Rt Hon Michael Portillo.
Last night he was talking about the Settle to Carlisle line over the ribbelhead viaduct  (which he saved from closure when he was Transport Minister)   http://www.visitcumbria.com/carlset/ribvia.htm

I had a nice email from Michael today  ;)  referring to my work over that line when I was a Railway scientist  ;D

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »

Well, the "bottom line" is good  news  ...  :clap: :clap:       could be hearing loss(join the club)    does that mean you're barking  Unc  ?    :lol:     

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM »

@unc.  :clap:
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 03:41:24 PM »

Well, the "bottom line" is good  news  ...  :clap: :clap:       could be hearing loss(join the club)    does that mean you're barking  Unc  ?    :lol:    

Totally... :crazy: I'm in the right place then.  :D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 03:43:22 PM »

@ tickmike..........I have not set out to watch that series, but have seen one or two. Unfortunately, I missed the Settle-Carlisle one which I would have enjoyed.

Do I take it that you were instrumental in saving the Ribblehead Viaduct............if so, very well done. Great architecture and a monument to be preserved, especially as a working part of a most scenic track.

Hobnobbing with MPs.......at last, a distinguished Kitizen.  ;D

scottiesmum

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 05:59:57 PM »

at last, a distinguished Kitizen

Oy,   don't forget the Countess of Hungladder    :lol:
Pages: [1] 2