Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT - Save up to £122.50 connection fee  (Read 10420 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
BT - Save up to £122.50 connection fee
« on: January 09, 2010, 08:04:26 AM »

BT are currently running a promotion where you could save up to £122.50 line connection charge for a new BT landline.

To qualify for this promotion, customers must take out a BT package containing a home phone calling plan and ordered online.
Customers may also add on to this other packages such as BT total broadband or BT Vision.

This offer ends 31st Jan 16th Feb 2010 and applies to New BT customers having a BT landline installed or new broadband customers switching their calls package back to BT

For more information see the BT website.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:43:41 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: BT - Save up to £122.50 connection fee
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 10:16:24 AM »

That is good of BT. The magic words for me are where you could save up to
Which is very open ended and a lot of people will not read the article fully.
I am being tough today. Sorry.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »

Nothing to apologise for SS44. I've added a note in the About This Section message to clarify the forum position.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 06:19:23 PM »

This was just from a press release article sent to me by them, and I dont necessarily go into all the details. - which were in fact very sparse and there wasnt even a direct link Im afraid.

But afaik they say 'upto' means it could be £122.50 for a brand new provision ..  or it could be £x if its transferring a FMPF line back to BT... or it could be £y if its taking back over from SMPF.. or it could even be £z if its FMPF for line & new BT broadband activation... or any combo there-of.  

With there being several options for the savings...  and I bet most people dont even know if theyre on full LLU if they want to come back to BT nvm what FMPF is... I suppose its totally impossible for them to target specific customers... so it would all depend on your own circumstances.

The offer is a kind of free new line.. or come back to BT for free..  although I believe they dont headline the 'free' because it comes with a condition - ie the 18 months contract and one of the call plans.
However it may be useful for some people and it could be a good saving if someone does want a new line installing or wants to come back to BT so they can go with another IPStream or SMPF  ISP.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 03:54:24 PM »

I really hate these type of offers where you have to register and buy online to receive any of the savings.

There is just so much that can be missed within the small print if not read very carefully.
I prefer "and advise" people to, Stop, Think, make a list of questions that you would like answers to.

Then telephone the company concerened and ask your questions.
If you are then happy with the answers to your questions, then by all means go ahead and sign-up online.

Questions:
1. What is the penalty for early cancellation?
2. ?

weezer

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 09:20:07 PM »

There's still this offer for free connection on the go - http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Notice09_boo/2-FrameworkImpl337855.htm , seems to have been going for ages but latest end date 31st Jan.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 10:12:47 PM »

That must be the one

This Special Offer is available between 1st April 2009 and 30th June 2009* (inclusive)

* Now extended to 31st January 2010.

From what was sent to me last week.

I am pleased to announce that the £0 connection offer has been extended on BT until the 31st January!

-----

StuBell85

• ISP Rep
  • Brighter Broadband
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 02:24:16 AM »

Here's some useful information for you guys. You're legally entitled to a cooling off/trial period; I'm sure you're all aware. Connection charges are, in some cases, daft prices like BT's £122.50. Some providers offer far cheaper connection fees, sometimes even free. So what's stopping you from connecting with one ISP/phone provider and then swapping to the one of your choice within this period? This only matters if you have or are moving into a home with a disconnected phone service obviously. It's a bit of messing, but could save you £££. Once you have an active line, most providers will move you over for nothing or a much smaller charge
Stuart Bell

TalkTalk - Tech Support
*Any opinions expressed by myself on these forums are mine and do not necessarily constitute the views of TalkTalk.*

weezer

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 09:51:37 AM »

For services there is generally no cooling off period once the service becomes active. There's also the minimum contract term to consider which would be payable if you were to leave before term.
Any provider can if they wish arrange line connection/activation, should be no need for messing about switching.

StuBell85

• ISP Rep
  • Brighter Broadband
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 10:29:36 AM »

Actually yes, sorry. Speciffically 14 day cooling off before you go live. Some major players give a trial period in which to test the water before you enter into a contract. In my experiance, some consumers do play this game
Stuart Bell

TalkTalk - Tech Support
*Any opinions expressed by myself on these forums are mine and do not necessarily constitute the views of TalkTalk.*

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 12:44:18 PM »

Offer extended until 16th February.
-----