Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Adobe HELP PLEASE !!!  (Read 4540 times)

scottiesmum

Adobe HELP PLEASE !!!
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:19:37 PM »

I have been tearing my hair out for about an hour...I  use  Foxit Reader  normally for PDF docs.   However, I have downloaded  a form  from our bank today and it downloaded with Foxit.   When I try to print it the form on the printer settings preview is as it should be  ....  full of boxes with numbers in it   (it is  something to enable someone to put money into our account   -  so it's important   ;D  )  but when the document shows up in the print preview pane all the boxes are empty  !!!!    In desperation I have downloaded the latest Adobe ...  I have opened the document with Adobe Reader then tried to print it but the whole thing blocks up.    It is so long since I used Adobe that I really am in a muddle.  Can anyone please help me ......  many thanks  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Adobe HELP PLEASE !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »

Kate,are you just trying to print the document as it is,or are you trying to edit it(ie fill in/tick boxes etc)?

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »

Thanks Unc ... I'm just wanting to print it out, there is nothing for me to fill in   ....  it is a (well it's called a RIB here)  I've forgotten what they are over there  ::)   it has the account details in full  - branch etc...   I've done them before, but a long time ago and I can't remember whether I used Adobe or Foxit ...   I really can't understand why Foxit won't print it    :'(  but it could be me   :-X  :)

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:01:10 PM »

Can you post the url to the download file?

Then we can try it and see what happens at our end.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 07:44:08 PM »

Sorry, I can't do that BB at it is my bank account  .... but thank you all the same   :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »

I have just started from scratch by downloading the document with Adobe   ....  when I find the document in the download file it appears as a Foxit Document, although I have told Foxit it is not my default  reader  (for the moment) . I right click and  'open' it in Adobe 9.2  ..... The Adobe window opens with the document in it and then I press print.  The printer then doesn't progress at all   .... then I get a band across the top saying   'printer not responding'  .....  I have tried it with another PDF Doc and there is no problem,so I suspect the document is 'faulty'  ?? I can always nip  to the bank and get one  tomorrow  !!!   

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 07:04:51 AM »

I don't know why this is happening, but am doing a bit of research to find out, but I was wondering.....these disappearing figures, are they in the way of personal data such as account numbers, bank balance etc. If they are, you may need a password of some sort to progress further in the job.

Also, the "printer not responding" bit may imply that Adobe and/or Foxit may be under the impression that you are trying to create a PDF rather than just read/print one and that they are complaining that they cannot find a virtual printer.........do you have such installed?

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »

....  it is a (well it's called a RIB here) 

The one thing that crossed my mind  is could it be a dictionary/language issue.

I say that because I have assumed you are using a French bank but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 08:24:41 AM by BritBrat »

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 09:14:32 AM »

TD  ... thanks for replying  ... the numbers on the form are the bank branch code,   our account number, regional code etc.  but no actual bank account balances etc are shown.     It is a document that is meant to be downloaded  and I've downloaded a few over the years.     When you say a virtual printer, could you tell me what you mean  ?    (sorry I'm a bit thick on this !!)    When I click on Print, I get the options of  my Epson Printer,  I have something called iPrint installed and that is another option, then I have the options  of Adolix  PDF creator, Microsoft Office Doc/Image writer . Microsoft XPS Doc Writer and Snag It.     

I have even tried to capture the image using Snag It ...  but when the document appears in the Snag It window there are no numbers in the boxes  !   I am completely baffled !

BB.   Thanks again,  yes the bank is French but, as I say, I have printed these out before from the same bank  and I have other PDF Docs in French which I have printed out no problem ( albeit a while ago).   

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 10:56:13 AM »

WELL   !!     I have been persevering with this and decided to dis-install Foxit Reader and Adobe  ....   reinstalled Foxit  ....  and VOILA    it has printed out no problem  !!  perhaps a dodgy update on Foxit at some time  ...   ?

THANK YOU  TD and BB for your interest   :) :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 10:59:47 AM »

Glad you sorted it Kate. :)

I had a similar thing happen with an Adobe update a few weeks ago,after the update it stopped working,so I re-installed and it was fine.  :shrug2:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 11:01:05 AM »

:clap: :thumbs: :clap2: