Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What's happening tomorrow with Tiscali?  (Read 19036 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
What's happening tomorrow with Tiscali?
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:26:42 PM »

I must say I am confused.

In December TalkTalk announced they would be discontinuing the brand of Tiscali and all Tiscali customers would become "TalkTalk Customers".

On an article on Moneysupermarket and a few others are all saying all customers will migrate to TalkTalks network tomorrow:-
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/news/are-you-getting-the-best-deal-on-your-broadband/0007914/

Surely this couldn't be possible? Unless it means changing IP Addresses or something similar? I am guessing TalkTalk will just use Tiscali's existing LLU kit and upgrade it to their standards and/or connect it to their network?

Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: What's happening tomorrow with Tiscali?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:48:02 PM »

PlusNet have been pushing themselves as an alternative for Tiscali users who don't like the changes.

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:16:36 AM »

Being rather suspicious over these things, one might suggest it could be a case of frying pans and fire if, in the current econopmic conditions, BT were to amalgamate Plusnet into their mainstream products.

Kind regards,
Walter

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 12:54:07 PM »

According to this the Tiscali name is no more.......

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/2010/01/07/broadband-isp-tiscali-uk-rebrands-to-talktalk.html

Typing www.tiscali.co.uk now takes you to the Talktalk website.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:57:39 PM by UncleUB »

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 04:36:10 PM »

I can see the end of the internet as we know it comming.

There will only be a few big players and they will call all the shots.

GunJack

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 07:21:40 AM »

HOWEVER.......

the changeover is going to be a slow process. I'm a tiscali customer, and although all the re-branding's been done on the web, etc., there are many aspects not available to me.

I cannot join the TT member's forum (invalid acc. no., etc.)

I cannot get anyone at either company to talk to me regarding the changeover to the TT network (tiscali cust. care number say they don't have a timetable, exchange by exchange, and TT won't talk to me at all (see above).

The upsides for me should be:-

I shouldn't see any price rises as I'm on anytime call package already at £20 a month, but should start getting 0845/0870 numbers included in the call plan.

I should get ADSL2+ and up to a Meg extra download ;D

TT have already got my exchange on the Gigabit backhaul :)

.....but no-one can say WHEN all this will happen :(
8)..........Gettin' There, Wherever There is..........8)

StuBell85

• ISP Rep
  • Brighter Broadband
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 01:21:15 AM »

I work for TalkTalk. Essentially we acquired Tiscali a few months ago and we are only now migrating you over to the TalkTalk customer management software. This will mean that you'll see the headings on your bills change and you'll go onto the equivalent TalkTalk packages. It'll all be done by Feburary.
Stuart Bell

TalkTalk - Tech Support
*Any opinions expressed by myself on these forums are mine and do not necessarily constitute the views of TalkTalk.*

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »

Hi Stu,

What might be more interesting would be to know if, when and how your company might physically integrate your AOL and Tiscali customers particularly where you have multiple services (or BT W services and your own MSAN) in the same exchange.

kind regards,
Walter

StuBell85

• ISP Rep
  • Brighter Broadband
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 11:13:52 AM »

Well, AOL are not intergrating, they will remain a seperate baby under the same umbrella along with Opal. Tiscali is migrating over now and later in the year Pipex will follow. I think theres roughly about 7 million customers across all of the CPWN (Carphone Warehouse Network) 80% of which are on LLU. In areas where we haven't got the equiptment in the exchange or if the unbundled cabinets are full, customers will be on IP Streaming until we can supply them with LLU.
Stuart Bell

TalkTalk - Tech Support
*Any opinions expressed by myself on these forums are mine and do not necessarily constitute the views of TalkTalk.*

StuBell85

• ISP Rep
  • Brighter Broadband
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 09:02:46 AM »

Sorry Jid, to answer your question; unless you were called by one of our reps and changed onto a new tariff and entered into a new contract, you'll remain as you are on the original Tiscali exchange hardware keeping your tiscali.co.uk email if you have one. No technical differences at all, just the way we access your account when you call.
Stuart Bell

TalkTalk - Tech Support

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »

Hi Stuart and welcome to the Forums  :)

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my long response  ???

One thing I would like to clarify, I have the Tiscali Talk Package via LLU (fully unbundled) and it seems others on the same package are having their price increased to £22.48 a month. Would this apply to me as I suppose the letter could be sent any time between now and February?

Also a quick question relating to the merger, as I am now a "TalkTalk" customer, could I easily switch to your TalkTalk Pro package to take advantage of the faster speeds?

Thanks again

Jamie
Kind Regards
Jamie

StuBell85

• ISP Rep
  • Brighter Broadband
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »

Yep, any LLU customer can now get TalkTalk Pro at the flick of a switch. Pro gives you the (up to) 24mb speed and unlimited downloads, but also free calls at any time to UK landlines and 0845-0870 service numbers. You'll also get 50% off all calls to any mobile network, so it's not all about the internet. You can upgrade your router to the D-Link N range router for £30 when you apply for Pro, if you wish.

The £22.48 package that you speak of is the Essentials Anytime package. That is also (up to) 24mb now, but only if you specifically request that speed. It has a 40gb usage cap. We enforce this by charging you £5 every time you exceed the monthly limit
Stuart Bell

TalkTalk - Tech Support

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 07:18:14 PM »

Thanks for confirming that Stuart  :)

So I can get this package even though I am still on Tiscali LLU without paying any connection fees at all and without loosing my Tiscali email addresses?

Or should I wait until I am put on to TalkTalk LLU (if I am)?

Cheers

Jamie
Kind Regards
Jamie

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 04:22:40 PM »

I have yet another question  :o

Is it possible for me to force to sync at ADSL2+ on the current Tiscali LLU, or does it have to be set to ADSL2+? I believe on certain ISPs its possible to do this.

Kind Regards
Jamie

StuBell85

• ISP Rep
  • Brighter Broadband
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 09:43:59 AM »

All of the TalkTalk LLU equiptment is ADSL2+ now, up to 24mb, as is Tiscali's. Your router should automatically configure to this. To answer your question about the email address, If you automatically joined TalkTalk as a merging Tiscali customer then your email isn't affected.
Stuart Bell

TalkTalk - Tech Support
Pages: [1] 2

anything