Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wonderful Customer Service(NOT)  (Read 5805 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Wonderful Customer Service(NOT)
« on: December 30, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »

Hi all,

We ordered a new freezer from Currys on Monday,was given a choice of delivery dates so we picked tomorrow(31st).

Thought we would phone up to check (0844 number)  >:(   todsay that its on for delivery (they give you a 4 hour time slot).....

Was told its NOT coming tomorrow due to the Christmas back log and we will be receiving it in the next few days,no email or phone call to confirm this.
Isn't UK customer care wonderful. >:(
We decided against cancelling,but will be reluctant to use them again.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Wonderful Customer Service(NOT)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »

Currys, PC World, Dixons - all the same company, and all to be avoided in my opinion.
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 01:23:47 PM »

Unc,   I was just thinking it's a pity you don't have Darty in the UK    ....     when I Googled and discovered they are owned by Kesa Electricals plc  ....  and apparently they own Comet.    Now, we have  never used Comet, but we use Darty for ALL our electrical appliances, and if Comet operate the same system and same service I would recommend them without hesitation.   Our appliances, the latest of which is the new TV, were delivered on a day to suit us and they will even deliver on Sunday (which here is exceptional).     In our experience  they 'phone around 8.30 am  on delivery day to give you a time, usually a three hour window,  they deliver promptly.   They will dis- install the existing appliance and remove it for you, install the new one and leave everything clean and tidy.    We have used them for about 12 years now and have never had ANY problem  ....   the two men who delivered, installed and set up the new TV were so pleasant, they were given a bottle of red wine each, and I don't give out the best red willy nilly  ;D         The on-line price is the same as the shop price, so the delivery and installation etc is free.

I don't know how the price of your appliance compares with Comet ....   but if it was favourable, and  IF  Comet are as good as Darty,  I'd be inclined to cancel Curry's and start again  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 01:50:37 PM »

Currys, PC World, Dixons - all the same company, and all to be avoided in my opinion.

M'mmm tbh I like to use John Lewis,but on this occasion they didn't have what we were after.Its just a small chest freezer and the only one JL did was £50 more that what we are paying,which is quite a price difference on this product.

@Kate .......the same freezer in Comet is only £5 more,but £19.99 delivery,where as Currys is free delivery.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »

I've just looked at the Comet Site Unc and was disappointed to see that they charge for delivery    >:(        not at all like Darty  :(

orainsear

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »

If you paid for delivery can't you get it refunded if they fail to honour their delivery schedule?

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 04:04:19 PM »

If you paid for delivery can't you get it refunded if they fail to honour their delivery schedule?

The delivery is free @ Currys

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 04:24:21 PM »

I agree, when I was looking for the laptop I emailed the above and none of them could be bothered to reply to me. >:D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 06:56:43 PM »

Hi,
Commiserations. We just ordered a new fridge-freezer too. (And £50 cheaper than before Christmas!)
Used local shop - Mains Electrical Centre - which has several branches in the Herts/Essex area.
We've used them for several white goods, and found hem excellent.
They'll usually match Currys et al on price.
We bought a new cooker from them last year - for the first time in 30+ years.
It wasn't a patch on our deceased "English Electric" cooker, and we weren't very happy with it.
After some months it developed a fault. Mains organised the warranty repair, but the guy didn't have all the bits, neither the depot.
Mains took it back with 100% refund used to purchase another cooker - which we are very pleased with.
Cheers,
Peter

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 09:41:51 PM »

DSG Group - rogues vagabonds and pathetic - I agree.  Far better deals are available online (after you've seen what you want at a DSG Group shop).

White goods - try Boots (the chemist) - they have www.bootskitchenappliances.com that deals with white goods online and they are usually quite  a lot cheaper than DSG companies.  The company who run it on their behalf have a massive delivery fleet from their warehouses and always come on time, phoning ahead about an hour before they arrive.

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 07:09:20 AM »

White goods - try Boots (the chemist) - they have www.bootskitchenappliances.com that deals with white goods online and they are usually quite  a lot cheaper than DSG companies.

Not for freezers and £19.99 delivery

This is the freezer we have ordered,there is no way I am prepared to pay £19.99 delivery for an item only costing £129.99.

We have got an existing Norfrost freezer which we have had for 18 years.I just thought it was time to get something more energy efficent.

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/Household+Appliances/Refrigeration/Chest+Freezers/NORFROST/C4AEW+WHITE/886743
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:11:32 AM by UncleUB »

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 08:43:45 AM »

They waived the delivery charge when I told them most others deliver for free.  That was for an enormous LG fridge freezer.

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 11:11:26 AM »

Can you believe this company,just checked my order status online and it states..order declined/cancelled 31/12/09 10:29:35 am.

No email or nothing to confirm this.Sue only phoned them yesterday and was told it will be a few days to delivery as they are clearing xmas back log.

What a Micky Mouse company,will never use them again. >:(

Sue will have to phone them when she returns from the vets as the orders in her name.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 12:39:14 PM »

Here is a price, when their delivery is added, equals the price you were going to pay http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/644768/art/norfrost/c4aew.html  Pixmania are a credible supplier and have served me well over the years.

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 02:25:38 PM »

You must have been one of the lucky ones Colin,I wouldn't touch Pixmania with a barge pole.

Sue phoned Currys who said the order had NOT been cancelled and would phone us back in 5 mins...45minutes later,no call back.Sue then phoned again to cancel only to be told it had already been cancelled....... :shrug2: >:(

I have now re ordered via Argos £129.99 + £5.80 del.

I got an email confirmation instantly and a delivery slot for tuesday the 5th Jan between 7am and 12pm.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:30:07 PM by UncleUB »
Pages: [1] 2