Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0 released  (Read 4766 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0 released
« on: December 09, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »

The new version of the Thunderbird email program has been released, and has some rather nice features. Available for Windows, Linux and Mac.

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/3.0/releasenotes/
  Eric

jazz

• Reg Member
Re: Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0 released
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:02:10 AM »

If you click that link and then click for "other systems and languages" you can get your Thunderbird with English - British rather than the US version.

I'm not sure how impressed to be with v3.0.  I've reset all the settings on Migration Assistant back to the old v2.  I like the email equivalent of tabbed browsing but that is all I've found of value so far.....but I'll keep looking!  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »

Question

Does anyone use 2 different mail clients.  Reason I'm asking is that I really need to do something about the site mail -v- my private mail.
Profiles within OE doesnt quite seem to cut it..  and using OE with MS Outlook tends to cause fights between the 2.

Was perhaps wondering about keeping all my exisiting pte mail with OE and start using something like Thunderbird for the site mail.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »

Kitz,     I use Outlook 2003, after trying  OE.. Thunderbird    (not the latest one)  and Eudora.       Obviously I'm only dealing with personal e-mail, but I have separate 'boxes' for several of my contacts and by setting up message rules the incoming mail automatically goes into the relevant box.      Am I being too simplistic   (or just thick  ;D )  in saying,  could you not use Outlook and set up the necessary rules   thus separating personal and site mail   ?   I suggest Outlook only because it has other useful facilities ie, the calendar, reminders, flagging   etc  ....       not being a technophile   ::)  it could be that this suggestion is impossible and rubbish  .. if so I apologise  ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 12:57:25 PM »

Sorting incoming mail into different boxes should be easy enough with most email programs. It works fine in Thunderbird, and I do much the same as Kate with my mail.
  Eric

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »

Question

Does anyone use 2 different mail clients.  Reason I'm asking is that I really need to do something about the site mail -v- my private mail.
Profiles within OE doesnt quite seem to cut it..  and using OE with MS Outlook tends to cause fights between the 2.

Was perhaps wondering about keeping all my exisiting pte mail with OE and start using something like Thunderbird for the site mail.

I use Outlook 2007 for my business email - 3 accounts, but no way of separating the iboxes, they all go into the same one.  For personal stuff I use Thunderbird and have just upgraded as te new one becamne available - AND quite quickly gone back to the v2 looks and features.

Colin

anything