Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Freeview HD  (Read 4400 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Freeview HD
« on: December 11, 2009, 06:06:22 PM »

BritBrat

• Kitizen
Re: Freeview HD
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 06:18:47 PM »

Thanks for the info.

We get switched over early next year but are on a relay transmiter so I still can't work out if we would get HD.

Although we have a Freeview TV we were thinking of getting a new one but I think we will hold out now until Freeview HD models come out and hope they are also full HD but I would think they would be.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 06:21:53 PM by BritBrat »

jazz

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 10:04:02 AM »

Thank you Uncle UB - that link to the Humax review was very interesting.  I knew they were bringing out a new model for HD early in 2010 but I had read conflicting dates.  Now I realise it is because they are bringing out two different boxes.  I won't bother with the single tuner set top - I'm waiting for the April release of the two tuner PVR which should make an ideal replacement for my existing Humax 9200.  I don't know how I would manage without a PVR these days.  I can't remember the last time I bothered to watch actual live TV as it was transmitted.   :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 10:32:36 AM »

YW guys,

I have just started with Sky and have one of those Sky+ boxes(not the HD one).I can't believe how simple it is to use(even for me  ;D).Just select a programme and press the red record button,you can even use series link which will automatically record all programmes in that series.

As I am hard of hearing,when I record something it records it with the subtitles as well,which is brilliant for me.

Before I just had a VCR to record stuff and a freeview box.

billy171

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 02:29:44 PM »

I watch Freeview from satellite 28 degrees east, using a Technomate 6900 HD sat receiver and Panasonic 1080 full HD telly.
All the sat pictures are upgraded to 1080i, regardless of source, and BBC HD and a few others, are breathtaking in HD, and also have full 5.1 surround sound as well.
A sat setup is not expensive for just 28 degrees east Astra, but to be honest if you were to go there, do as I have done, full motorised system with HD sat receiver and HD telly, and wait for it all to unfold....the future's bright for HD. There are over 30 satellites on the arc and more channels than you can shake a stick at.... :D