Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ISP prices and VAT changes.  (Read 6969 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
ISP prices and VAT changes.
« on: January 04, 2010, 06:56:06 AM »

I am currently working my way through the ISPs and price changes with regards to VAT.

Please note that as I list a few hundred ISP home products this is actually quite a large task particularly so since some ISPs dont make their packages and prices simple at first glance and their headline prices arent often the true monthly cost so it sometimes requires a bit of digging and delving  through the ISP site and getting out the calculator.

This is taking a lot longer than anticipated..  and it would appear even some ISPs havent yet updated their prices to reflect changes either. :(
Theres even one ISP atm where I just dont know where to begin with to put it in simple terms.

I ask you to remember that I do this as a service for no financial reward which allows us to list many ISPs that arent listed on other comparison sites and afaik we are only 1 of 2 sites in the UK that attempts to do this.  I am only one person so please do bear with me as I work through the list.

---

Whilst on this topic, I will be upfront and say that some links do have ad referrals.  Please bear in mind that the main site is very busy and that I have hosting costs to cover.  Any referrals are directly used to cover site running costs and afaik we are the only not for profit site of this type...  which is no mean feat considering the amount of information we carry and recognised as being one of the UKs major adsl resources.

This year my hosting costs will increase yet again..  I stress at this point that Im not asking for donations, but one of the things that I do think is only fair that I should become more strict upon is the use of links to other adsl sites for commercial gain. 
Whilst everything the site does is for the consumers benefit, I think its only right that if there is any referrals to be made out of usage of this site, then it should go to this site and not any other.  I dont mean sites like thinkbroadband.. but more the comparison type sites who only list and compare ISPs that they make a profit from.

The sites success has meant that there are some unscrupulous companies & persons out there are taking the mickey, and I also need a reserve to cover such things as legal fees as there comes a limit as to how much I can fund out of my own pocket.
I and many others whom help out on this site put in a huge amount of time into the site for no financial gain, therefore I need to ensure that running costs are able to be met.

Therefore I reserve the right to amend any links posted which may include referral type links.  I hope you understand and thank you for your support on this.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jazz

• Reg Member
Re: ISP prices and VAT changes.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:23:03 AM »

That seems an extremely fair, open and proper approach kitz and I am sure all reasonable site users will support you on this.  Good luck with all the updating work - and a big Thank You for undertaking it all in the first place  :)

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 11:59:20 AM »

Seems fair to me, I would never post a referal link here anyway and I would sugest (If it not already) that the rules should state no referal links to be posted.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:08:35 AM »

Theyve all been done now bar one ISP..   whom I dont feel like doing right now...
Cause I need to chase them re copyright theft first.

Phew.. that took ages...  hope I dont have to do all that again for a long time.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 11:14:53 AM »

Theyve all been done now bar one ISP..   whom I dont feel like doing right now...
Cause I need to chase them re copyright theft first.

Phew.. that took ages...  hope I dont have to do all that again for a long time.

Its just been annouced that the rate of VAT will change on........................ 

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 11:51:41 AM »

lol
-----

orainsear

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 01:47:54 PM »

digging and delving  through the ISP site and getting out the calculator

A lot of hard work but an interesting point nonetheless.  Perhaps it's time that a standard was set for ISPs and mobile providers where they have to provide in a standard format exactly what you get, something akin to credit card charges, so that consumers are able to easily compare packages and not fall foul of the tiny print terms and conditions.

anything