Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Friday 11th Chat  (Read 3018 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Friday 11th Chat
« on: December 11, 2009, 07:19:22 AM »

Morning all,

Foggy old weather here... and cold with it... brrr.  Ok...I know we should expect it but me old bones don't know that lol.  Hope it's better where you are... or brightens up at least.

Not doing a lot today, friends down later for a cuppa and to catch up on the gossip....worra life  ;D

Hope everyone is keeping warm and happy....and has everything prepared for the 25th (wozzat).....  being a bah humbug sort of person I must say I will be glad when it's over.  They make sure it goes on for too long beforehand.....shame really because IMO they spoil it.  Scrooge?  Hmm my middle name  :lol:

Have a good day y'all.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Friday 11th Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 09:31:37 AM »

Morning all.

Off to Manchester today with my parents.  It was Ellas b/day last week but I was a bit too poorly to go then.
See you all laters  Have a good day.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:45:16 AM »

Good morning all :)

It's damp and misty this morning, so not a lot of fun to be had outdoors. I'll be attending to the task of sending out my Christmas cards this morning, then this afternoon we're visiting a friend to give her moral support in a battle with her landlady. The landlady is trying to increase the rent by an absurd amount, so our friend has found a new flat to move to, but the landlady is now making threats about what she will do if our friend leaves. :(

Enjoy your day everyone. :)
  Eric

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 10:58:38 AM »

so our friend has found a new flat to move to, but the landlady is now making threats about what she will do if our friend leaves. :(

First of all before any delay, report it to the police and let them know what is going on just in case anything does actually happen, and remember to get a "Incident number"
It may well be that the person is already known to the police, so if anything does kick-off then they may just attend a little quicker than normal considering it's a domestic incident.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 11:03:31 AM »

Good morning all  :)

No TD again. :no: I hope he is ok.

Good luck with the moral support Eric,sounds as though she needs it

@ Chrissie.......I shan't tell you again.......Get the Sherry bottle out asap.  :D

I hope you have a nice relaxing day Kitz with your family.  :flower:

Our neighbour had an attempted burgulary last night.They threw at rock at his conservatory window,which shattered as it was single glazed toughened glass and then tried(but failed to get through the patio door into the house.He is 86 years old and was out at the time.This happened around 6pm.
The 10 year old miscreant who was evicted with his family earlier this year from our estate has been seen back in the area up to no good.I will let you draw your own conclusions.
Apparently he had been chased by serveral residents earlier this week after being seen trying to take stuff from peoples property. >:(

Have a good day and keep warm  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 11:24:41 AM »

To All  !   

Still no TD   .....  I hope it's just a computer problem and that he's OK  ..... :)

Reading your posts Eric and Unc  ....    aren't there some lovely people  :( !   

Chrissie   ... take Unc's advice  ....   have a mince pie with the sherry too !

I shall share our lovely  :sun: with you all    ....    but I believe we are going to go coooooooooooler this weekend   :o         

I don't send cards at all now   ....  is it just me, or  do those annual ones  ( no other contact for the rest of the year  ::)  )  with ' hope you are well'  drive anyone else up the wall....  I decided a few years ago that I was going to stop the whole 'charade' so I now  do 'talking cards'   ;D  and telephone people that I want to know about  !!  Crikey I sound like a Grumpy Old Woman  :D   

Enjoy the day !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 11:28:52 AM »

I don't send cards at all now   ....  is it just me,

Greeting cards are one of my pet hates(especially the family ones).They cost a fortune,imo it is as cheap to give someone a bottle of wine,and more pleasurable,especially for the one receiving it.  :drunk:  ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 11:35:04 AM »

@OF: Thanks for that advice. I didn't mean that the threats were physical ones, but the advice is good all the same.

Eric

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 11:57:06 AM »

... but the landlady is now making threats about what she will do if our friend leaves. :(

A threat is a threat in any language and may well teach this landlady some discipline if approached by the police.

Not to mention the fact that some property owners get hand-outs from their local councils which may be cut if they are made aware of the activities and sometimes the rents being charged.

I would suspect this landlady is charging  a very high rent and does not want to lose the tenant because of having the property empty until another person comes along.

People should not have to live in fear of what may, or may not happen if and when they want to leave a property.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 12:08:35 PM »

>> The landlady is trying to increase the rent by an absurd amount

I am sure the local rent review panel would wish to hear of that.

Not a good day today - both Maisie and I are down with troubled tummies - might be linked to our visit to the local hostelry as we both had the same to eat, and Sue (who wasn't with us) is quite well.

Just tootling slowly and quietly today.

Colin

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 12:22:44 PM »

>> The landlady is trying to increase the rent by an absurd amount

I am sure the local rent review panel would wish to hear of that.

Ah I missed that bit.
Depending on the type of tenancy "Secured or None Secured" then yes, the local council rent review board may well be very interested, especially in the light of the new rent reform act this is now in place.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 12:35:03 PM »

Thanks for all the helpful comments.
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 02:54:23 PM »

Good afternoon  ;D

Back in circulation..........off for a trundle round to see what has been happening.

Hope all  are well.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 04:04:04 PM »

It's good to see you back TD. :clap:
  Eric

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 08:01:59 PM »

In Norwich there's a landlords association, don't know if its something different to a rent review panel but that might be something to look for localy

I managed to have a request played on the radio today  ;D (ok so the DJ is one of my best friends other half :blush:)
Pages: [1] 2