Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: isp advice please  (Read 5306 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Re: isp advice please
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 01:45:47 AM »

And out in the sticks with some diabolical lines, Z** are the ONLY ones that I'd trust to achieve and MAINTAIN a reasonable broadband connection in all circumstances.
In these situations it's vital that a proper fault log and a properly managed interface with BT O is recorded in total detail.
That, together with their experience of, and respect from, BT O puts them above all others in my humble opinion.

Kind regards,
Walter

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 07:16:23 AM »

I don't think anyone doubts that Zen are excellent at getting problems sorted, but Lucy didn't say that she's having problems; she says she's a light user and wants a cheaper ISP, ideally with cheap daytime telephone calls as well. The low cost options seem to be:

O2 Standard (LLU only)
Sky Base (LLU only)
PlusNet Value (Market 3 exchange only)
Talk Talk Essentials (LLU only)

All of these depend on what's available on the particular exchange, so the exchange checker is the place to start. See which of these (if any) are available, then have a look at the packages and come back to discuss them.
  Eric

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
    • A Designers Work in Progress
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 08:30:19 AM »

I don't think anyone doubts that Zen are excellent at getting problems sorted, but Lucy didn't say that she's having problems; she says she's a light user and wants a cheaper ISP, ideally with cheap daytime telephone calls as well. The low cost options seem to be:

O2 Standard (LLU only)
Sky Base (LLU only)
PlusNet Value (Market 3 exchange only)
Talk Talk Essentials (LLU only)

All of these depend on what's available on the particular exchange, so the exchange checker is the place to start. See which of these (if any) are available, then have a look at the packages and come back to discuss them.

Out of all the above options I would suggest PlusNet. I have heard people are going back to them as the support is becoming what it used to be.
I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 08:54:15 AM »

Its a pity O2 don't do landline rental,if they did they would be very hard to beat.Their LLU broadband is excellent and their UK based free support is second to none.(imo)  :)
Pages: 1 [2]

anything