Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Scam Warning  (Read 2691 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Scam Warning
« on: December 01, 2009, 10:21:32 AM »

Warning: A Scam.....

Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the shops and in dark parking lots, etc. This is the first warning I have seen for
men. I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it. This will only become more commonplace as xmas shopping hots up.
A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular B&Q, Home base, or Costco customers. This one caught me by surprise.
Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite
traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.
Here's how the scam works:
Two seriously good-looking 20-something girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy tops. It is impossible not to look. When you
thank them and offer them a tip, they say "No", and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds.
You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet. I had my wallet stolen Aug 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th,17th, 20th, 24th, & 29th. Also Sep 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 28th, three times last Monday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.
So tell your friends to be careful. What a horrible way to take advantage of older men. Warn your friends to be vigilant!

scottiesmum

Re: Scam Warning
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 10:23:54 AM »

:lol: :lol:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 10:28:13 AM »

:lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 11:04:01 AM »

Eric

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 11:13:29 AM »

I'd been planning to visit  B&Q at lunchtime to buy some light bulbs or something.  Come to think of it, I'm sure there's other things I need so I may also have to call in at Homebase and then Costco too.  Thanks for the warning. ;)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 11:47:48 AM »

That's absolutely terrible.
If anyone saw the state of my wallet they would not want to touch it.
So being as it's in such a terrible condition I suppose I should treat myself to a new one for Christmas.
Does anyone know if Costco sells them as we have have one of those not far from here.

As for the trip to Ronnie Mac's, that would be a nightmare around here, because the nearest one is about five miles away.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »

no mc d's for 5 ! if only  :sick:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 12:25:29 PM »

:lol: :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker