Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ebuyer  (Read 14514 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
ebuyer
« on: November 24, 2009, 10:20:51 PM »

ebuyer.com   Anyone used them ?.

Any comments please.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: ebuyer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 10:37:33 PM »

Definitely. I've been using them for years, and I've never had reason to fault their service. We did have a discussion here a few months ago, in which Kitz uncovered the fact that they were apparently removing unfavourable customer reviews, but that's all I can really say against them. Being as large as they are, it's inevitable that they upset the occasional customer (and we had one here a while back who was very upset) but it's my feeling that their service is generally excellent.
  Eric

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 10:44:38 PM »

Hi. Used them in 2006 without problems.
My son has used them too.
Cheers, Peter

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 10:46:44 PM »

Thanks Eric/Peter sounds good, Found out this laptop we are getting is £20 cheaper  ;D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 08:23:03 AM »

I have had several transactions with ebuyer and would recommend them to anyone.........good service, plenty of progress reports about your order and delivery made at the stated times. Very good.  :)

Unfortunately..... :(....I cannot use them at the mo. as their site does not render correctly in my default browser, Opera version 10.10, as you can see in the attached.
That only leaves me with IE where it renders correctly....but I don't intend to make any financial transactionfrom IE.

I have dropped a note to ebuyer about this....will see if anything happens.  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 08:26:21 AM »

A lot of people hate them but I have never had any problems.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 02:22:43 PM »

I have used eBuyer several times. Very very good!

I am planning to build my new computer from all components purchased from them. Delivery is very prompt...
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 10:10:08 PM »

I have used them for about two or three years.  The prices seem to right, delivery is good.

However I have not had occasion to send anything back so cannot comment on after sales service.

gom

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 08:34:20 AM »

Ive used them quite a lot over the years....

The only run-in Ive personally had with them was a TV which was DOA.  Support was good about it and soon ordered another... but unfort when that came that wasnt right either.
Again they took it back no probs and refunded me in full so I cant fault their service.  As mentioned though, they deleted any negative comments about that particular TV. ???
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 02:48:21 PM »

Re. my post above regarding the corrupted rendering of the ebuyer pages.

Sorted... :)...............disabled javascript on that site, and all is well again.  ;D

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 09:31:08 PM »

Re. my post above regarding the corrupted rendering of the ebuyer pages.

Sorted... :)...............disabled javascript on that site, and all is well again.  ;D

Glad you have it sorted. :)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 10:49:09 PM »

Update.

Laptop came when they said, only one niggle is that they do not deal with emails they have this silly e-notes, but only for a few things  >:D or you can use the phone at a high rate   >:D.
But on the whole I would trade with them again.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 07:21:33 AM »

Update.

Laptop came when they said, only one niggle is that they do not deal with emails they have this silly e-notes, but only for a few things  >:D or you can use the phone at a high rate   >:D.
But on the whole I would trade with them again.

Yes I noticed that it is an 0871 contact number(10p a minute).I can't believe that companies treat customers this way.If you buy from a company then at least they could do is make it cheap to contact them >:(

scottiesmum

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 04:08:45 PM »

I had a look at Saynotto0870.com  and put in the 08 number listed on their web site  ....    it appears that a lot of people are complaining about their 08 numbers,  ....   however, the latest post on the complaints discussion  quotes this number as e-bay reception   01430 433731   ........   don't know if this helps .....   hope so !  :)