Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IPStream Max Profiles  (Read 6692 times)

Tirion

Re: IPStream Max Profiles
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 12:23:04 PM »

I handle technical escalations and complaints for Easynet and UK Online, but I'm posting here purely out of personal interest. I do post on the TBB UK Online forum in my official capacity, but haven't had a great deal of time to do so recently (it's purely voluntary).

The info on this site is second to none, and easily puts wikipedia to shame. I'm helplessly drawn in by my inner-geek ;)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: IPStream Max Profiles
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 10:40:12 PM »

btw... came across this when looking at something else.. so thought I'd quote the official BT explanation.

The ATM payload rate is defined as the rate available for the transport of IP packets in the payload of
ATM cells; note however that each IP packet will incur ATM adaptation layer, PPPoA/oEoA and
encapsulation layer overheads. The maximum IP throughput rate that can actually be achieved will
hence vary considerably depending upon the IP packet size. No allowance is required for the
overhead introduced by the ATM layer, as this has already been taken into account in these figures.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything