Broadband Related > ISPs

O2/Be - Service Congestion 21/11/09

(1/4) > >>

UncleUB:
It seems that O2 broadband will be slow between Sat 21st Nov (8am) and Sunday 22nd Nov(8am)
Don't know whether this affects Be users as well.

--- Quote ---   

Dear Philip,

We’re sorry but your O2 Home Broadband will be slower than normal between this Saturday (21/11/2009) 08:00am and Sunday (22/11/2009) 08:00am. A transport company is doing some major track side maintenance work where we have some cables, which will affect the speed of your broadband service.  Even though this is beyond our control, we’re sorry.

Once the work has been completed, your speed will return to normal.

Bob Dunn

General Manager, Customer Experience Delivery
--- End quote ---

------
Message title amended by admin to include Be

tuftedduck:
Oh dear  :(

It's good that O2 have at least given you advanced warning.  :)

UncleUB:
Apparently this is right across the uk.

kitz:
I've not heard anything from Be, but since that seems to be applicable to the backhaul, you would think Be users would be affected too.

From O2 SS

--- Quote ---
This work may affect customers across the whole country but particularly those in Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Nottingham, Reading and surrounding areas may be affected more than others.

A transport company is doing some major track side maintenance work where we have some cables, which will affect the speed of you broadband service. Even though this is beyond our control, we’re sorry.

--- End quote ---

UncleUB:
I phoned O2 support and apparently O2 have 3 main servers,so even though the work will affect not all users,it will cause congestion as they will be re routed to other servers and thus cause slower speeds for nearly all.

I hope this makes sense. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version