Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: DGTeam Forums access problem  (Read 22523 times)

jander

• Just arrived
Re: DGTeam Forums access problem
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2010, 10:40:46 AM »

Tbh,

I think this is getting a bit cheeky.People just registering on her for the SOLE purpose of begging an invite to another site.

I don't see how this is a problem. That forum is what I am interested in, and if someone is kind enough to send me an invite
then hooray, but I don't see how it's more honourable to pretend to want to contribute to this forum :(

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2010, 10:49:23 AM »

Tbh,

I think this is getting a bit cheeky.People just registering on her for the SOLE purpose of begging an invite to another site.

I don't see how this is a problem. That forum is what I am interested in, and if someone is kind enough to send me an invite
then hooray, but I don't see how it's more honourable to pretend to want to contribute to this forum :(

Well tbh If thats your stance I think you are being very cheeky.Kitz and all the staff here run an excellent site and it can do without people registering with no interest in the site whatsoever apart from begging an invite to another site.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:58:47 AM by UncleUB »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2010, 10:56:34 AM »

Nuff said, guys..!

Roseway has made his decision.

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2010, 11:02:31 AM »

I said that was what would happen but Stev-O seemed OK with it so that was good enough for me.

As I see it they may come here for an invite and that is all they will ever post but some will become full active members, it is the same everywhere.

Everyone comes here for something the first time.

Nice one Steve-O.

At least the admin can check the IP's to confirm UK ISP.
don't take so much care of ip
all people coming from this forum are good, UK or not (Ireland, for ex)...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:07:27 AM by BritBrat »

jander

• Just arrived
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2010, 11:04:41 AM »

Tbh,

Well tbh If thats your stance I think you are being very cheeky.Kitz and all the staff here run an excellent site and it can do without people registering with no interest in the site whatsoever apart from begging an invite to another site.

I beg to differ. I'm being honest to the point of it being detrimental to what I need. And it's not begging, I need an invite as I run the damn firmware and would like to be able to monitor what's happening to certain issues. Would you rather I *pretended* to care and effed off after a couple of weeks???

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »

We have gone far enough down this line.

No more please.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »

Just to make it clear (if it isn't already) I am happy to give DGTeam forum invites to participating members of this forum. That's all I'm prepared to do.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything