Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Underground Exchange.  (Read 3877 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Underground Exchange.
« on: November 16, 2009, 11:31:56 PM »

Underground Exchange

Anyone any info info on this. http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/b/birmingham_anchor_exchange/index.html
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: Underground Exchange.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 12:12:40 AM »

The construction entrance was near Moor Street Station, where a slip road in the middle of the dual carriageway took a road down into the tunnel complex to get large construction equipment into the site. Once work had finished this entrance was sealed off and the public were able to use the slip road to reach Moor Street station on the other side of the dual carriageway.
As a very young mischievous boy at the time, we were forever being being chased out of the tunnel.

This former entrance no longer exists following the re-development in Digbeth. At the time a student working part time on the construction site told his story to a student union magazine but to this day the author of the article has protected his source.
This entrance is now accessible from the underground car park of Selfridge's which was was built there some years ago.
(Don't ask how I know)

The main way into Bm/An (Anchor) was by lift at the rear of Telephone House.
What is now known as "The Post Office Tower" (BT Tower)

How convenient to have the post office right on top of the site! :hmm:

Further info and similar questions from here:-
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=c1e47bae08684c2222c2fb05893c8a24&t=35539

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 12:23:07 AM by oldfogy »