Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Home Hub to Netgear Routers  (Read 4958 times)

Ritson

• Just arrived
BT Home Hub to Netgear Routers
« on: July 08, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »

Hey, i wish to switch from my dreadful/defunct/de(something negative) BT Home Hub. I've had it with connection drops, crummy service and generally a bad router.

My first issues came with it not being able to play any games available on Steam, then it would continue to drop in anything else that involved a live connection.

So my question is, how can i switch over my to a Netgear router, i have one, and have tried connecting with it using the bt home hub name/password but i get nothing, i use the wizard but often it says it cannot find the DNS, is there a specific way (its BT so there probably is).

The router i used is about 2 years old but is far more reliable and without dropout, and it doesn't freeze my live connections every 2 minutes so i'd very much like to switch.

soms

• Reg Member
Re: BT Home Hub to Netgear Routers
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 07:59:45 AM »

If you want to set up your other router for BT broadband you have to enter the username as "firstname.surname@btbroadband.com" and a password is not required. If the router wants one, you can enter "bt".

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
Re: BT Home Hub to Netgear Routers
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 04:44:32 PM »

yeah thats what i did with my belkin router when i was testing my poxy connection.

if its bought in the uk then resetting the router defaults and putting in the user and pass as soms says should b fine.

Paul

anything