Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Buffalo WBMR-G125 so many settings - what to choose ?  (Read 3372 times)

setecio

• Reg Member
Buffalo WBMR-G125 so many settings - what to choose ?
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:34:28 PM »

I think the Buffalo WBMR-G125 should get the prize for the interface that is 'designed to confuse' !!  >:(

Could someone advise what the settings should be on this for a BT connection from the choices below, and if you have time could you say which settings would never be relevant in the UK. I think encapsulation is RFC 2364 PPPoA, and VC multiplexing, and VPI=0 VCI=38 . But the rest of the options are confusing me, and do they actually matter anyway ? If I put G.DMT for adsl1 will it work if the exchange is adsl2+ capable or do I have to get exactly the correct modulation or will multimode work (I remember talktalk modems disconnecting on auto and having to be set to G.dmt)

Encapsulation
RFC 1483 Bridged
RFC 1483 Routed
RFC 2516 PPPoE
RFC 2364 PPPoA
Bridge mode only

Modulation
Multimode
T1.413
G.DMT
G.Lite
ADSL2
ADSL2+
ADSL2 Annex L
ADSL2 Annex M
ADSL2+ Annex M

Multiplexing
LLC
VC

Qos type
UBR
CBR
RTVBR
NRTVBR

PCR Rate ?cps

SCR Rate ?cps

Autodetect enabled or disabled

Virtual Circuit
VPI
VCI

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:43:16 AM by setecio »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Buffalo WBMR-G125 so many settings - what to choose ?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 09:39:12 AM »

I'm assuming that you are on normal ADSL Max. In that case you're right about encapsulation, multiplexing and VPI/VCI. Modulation is G.DMT because that's correct for ADSL Max - it doesn't matter if the exchange is also enabled for ADSL2+. You should be able to leave everything else at it's default setting. In addition, I would imagine that the autodetect option ought to detect most of these settings for you, leaving you with only your ISP login details to enter.
  Eric

anything