Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Poorly Boys  (Read 16093 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Poorly Boys
« on: July 07, 2007, 12:30:32 AM »

{Topic Split from original since I took it completely OT - me chastises self}

actually can appreciate the joke - despite both my cats right now being very poorly and Ive been having to practically treat them like babies for the past few days.  Its taken me the best part of an hour to hand feed them to make sure they eat something.  I'm also having to cook a special diet for them.

Vets aren't sure whats wrong with them, but it would appear to be something infectious since the neighbours cat is also ill.
Theyve had 6 lots of meds so far and are at least past the crucial 4 day stage and holding out.

We were meant to get *bump* this week, but thats had to be put on hold. :(

« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 03:10:51 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Poorly Boys
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 08:21:31 AM »

Oh dear, I feel for you Kitz. Here's hoping it all goes well.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
Poorly Boys
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 11:51:16 AM »

Theyre still not quite right, but they are brighter this morning and a lot more alert. 

Mouse was a little better yesterday and started walking around as normal - and the good news today is that Charlie came running up to me this morning meiowing for food.  He didnt eat it all, but the "asking for food" in itself is a good sign.

Mouse still has the "3rd eyelid" half closed which makes them look rather strange in a chinese way, Charlies eyes are almost clear this morning.

Still not sure what it is - The neighbours cat who is ahead by about a week, apparently had all sorts of tests done which all come back negative.
My own vet on Monday said he wasnt sure if it was worth the expense of running tests on mine since I could shell out for a set of tests which by the time they came back could be too late :(

Im having to "nurse at home" since the risk of infection is too great and theyre being treated for bacterial infection and dextrose injections along with steroids to try give them a boost.  Something seems to be working but if it is viral then theres nothing they can do about that side but wait until their own immune system recovers.  Theyve sure had me worried though.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

scottiesmum

Poorly Boys
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 12:39:55 PM »

Oh Kitz,  I'm sorry to hear about your cats ....even though we have Scottie now, when we lived in the UK we had a beautiful huge tabby, from 8 weeks old to 19 years !!!  I appreciate your worry, and hope they continue to get better and better every day ....  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
Poorly Boys
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 03:02:27 PM »

Mouse is still quite poorly - although its a little windy here, the sun is breaking through the clouds and I went out in the garden with them.  He's still very wobbly on his legs, but seems to be enjoying sitting out in the sun.

These are some pics Ive just taken of Mouse- (sorry about the quality but they were taken using my phone since I didnt have the camera to hand).

Its been quite hard work the past week since theyve both not had proper control over their "functions".

They've both lost an awful lot of weight.. as you can perhaps compare with this pic last taken of Mouse only a couple of weeks ago.
Although Mouse has never been particularly large, he did have a pot belly. Chas has always been a "biggish" cat and when the vet weighed him the other day he was down to 3.7kg :(

-----

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
Re: Poorly Boys
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 03:38:57 PM »

Ma baba is ill =[
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 03:42:00 PM »

is that you ?
Paul

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 03:48:26 PM »

"Ohsnap" is my daughter..  and thats her in the pic
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 10:52:39 PM »

Chas is seeming pretty good today - hes eating again and is even roaming around "his estate". :)

Mouse is still poorly and very out of sorts, hes been out led in the sun for a little while today, but retired back to his basket although he did come out for some tuna (his fav food) which he ate a bit of.  He still looks very chinesey eyed. :(
-----

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 11:23:40 PM »

Awww, poor poorly pussies  :(  sounds like they are having a right miserable time.  I hope the virus scoots soon.

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 11:43:58 PM »

>Mouse still has the "3rd eyelid" half closed <

Bloomin' scary when it is completely closed. I remember when my cat ,(well my son's cat really) Polly, had her third eyelid closed. I thought she'd been in a fight or been hit by a car and lost her eye. After expensive out of hours visit to vet, who couldn't come to any particular reason for her distress, she was as right as rain (if we are allowd to say that in these wet times) the next day.

I hope Chas & Mouse will soon be up to their usual mischief soon.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 03:47:08 PM »

Just a thought.

Try and find out if any of your neighbour's are using "JEYES DISINFECTANT" apparently it is absolutely dreadful to cats.
Obviously if they walk through it then preen themselves, they get poisoned.

Hope they recover soon.  :hug:

---------------------
Sorry JEYES not Jayes
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 05:11:13 PM by oldfogy »

scottiesmum

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 04:07:35 PM »

Another thought following on from OF   ...

Dettol, (Jeyes Fluid already mentioned)  and Pine disinfectants or any other cleaner containing coal tar derivatives are toxic to cats.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 09:27:12 PM »

>> Dettol

oh jeeze - guess who has been using dettol to clean the feeding area, whilst theyve been ill- Goes to google.

-----

OMG!  I now feel awful - it doesnt say anything on the bottle and there was me earlier this week thinking I was doing the right thing.  >:( However I dont think it is this though - I only used it the once cause since then Ive got some proper pet disinfectent in a spray bottle.

Thanks for the heads up will keep it well away from them in future.  Will ask neighbours too about Jeyes fluid etc.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 09:33:59 PM by kitz »
-----

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 10:43:55 PM »

Quote from can:

Stables, Hutches, Kennels and Pigeon lofts,
After cleaning out, spray or was down with a solution of 65ml per 5L of water (ensure premises are dry and well ventilated before returning bedding and animals)

SAFETY:
1. Apply away from Fish and Pets, especially cats.

end quote.

It give lots of other doe's and dont's but I think those are the 2 that may be of interest to you. (unfortunately)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4