Broadband Related > ISPs

Plusnet Product changes

(1/1)

kitz:
Press release

--- Quote ---Plusnet is making some exciting product changes.
As of the 22nd October they will be removing their Unlimited product and replacing it with the all new Plusnet Premium package running on Up to 20Mbps ADSL2+.

Premium Product Summary

Premium is aimed at customers who want more usage than Pro offers, but with a better experience than you get on Value.

Premium will cost £11.99 for 3 months, and then either £15.99 or £19.99 depending on market area.
This new package will include 80GB usage whilst still offering the standard un-metered off peak usage. The price for usage above the 80GB limit is £2 per 2GB.

Plusnet is also making some changes to the Pro product meaning that customers will get faster speed and extra usage.

Pro Product Summary

Pro is still £19.99 a month. However, there will be an increase in included usage, going from 15GB to 20GB.
There is prioritised traffic at peak periods; great for gamers, YouTube, iPlayer, iTunes
Contracts will remain at 12 months, and deferred fees will still be applicable for setup and hardware.

Plusnet Talk

Plusnet is also pleased to announce that as of 22nd October 2009 they are adding FREE calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers to the inclusive call time for both their Talk Plans*, but their line rental will remain at the same low price of just £10.95 per month.

Terms and Conditions: *Inclusive UK Landline calls of up to 60 minutes are to numbers beginning with 01, 02 and 03, 0870 and 0845 (excluding Channel Islands) and at any time to Plusnet Home Phone customers. Inclusive international calls of up to 30 minutes are to our top 20 destinations (to a maximum of 300 minutes per month). Calls to indirect access numbers and dial up internet access are excluded.

--- End quote ---

kitz:
Taken from the latest edition of Plus, the Plusnet Newsletter

--- Quote ---Fibre optic broadband trial

Earlier this year we announced that we’d be trialling new, superfast broadband using fibre optic cable. Our first handful of customers on the Muswell Hill and Whitchurch exchanges are now live and enjoying faster speeds. Take a look at this blog over on the Community Site to find out more about the trial.
--- End quote ---

kitz:
Ive updated the Plusnet traffic shaping comparison tool today.

It will possibly be the last one I do due to them now having a pile of different time slots  & more numerous levels of shaping which required a total overhaul of the code.

waltergmw:
@ Kitz,

It might be a tad too early to get very excited about the FTTC trial.

You'll see at:-

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,79268.0.html

they have 4 clients on the trial and there will be some delay for the conservation area:-

Martin,

You're on "cabinet 22" which is inside a conservation area.  As such, BT haven't been able to do the necessary upgrade work.  They are however looking at relocating the cabinet, but are currently waiting on planning permission.
James Bailey
Plusnet Comms Team

Kind regards,
Walter

grumpy old man:
I assume someone somewhere will be able to get 20mbps, perhaps they live next door to plusnet!!

Personally I would be happy with 5mbps, despite complaining to plusnet I rarely get above 3mbps, this evening only 2.2, was getting 5mbps.  I really need to get on line at 04.00 hrs, no doubt I would get 5 as I would be the only one on line.

gom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version