Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: sky netgear dg934g  (Read 8254 times)

thequeenscheese

• Just arrived
sky netgear dg934g
« on: October 19, 2009, 02:01:14 PM »

Hi this has probably been covered already but i cant find an answer, does anyone know the login details for my sky dg934g router? it will not accept admin-sky i wish to adjust a few settings but i cant get into the router...

hope someone can help......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: sky netgear dg934g
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 02:12:34 PM »

Good afternoon, and welcome to the forum.  :)

Admin and sky are the correct login details.
If it is not accepting these, it is possible that at some point a user has created their own unique userid detail.

If you do not know that new userid, you could try resetting to factory defaults........ switch off computer, hold in the reset button on the rear of the router ( recessed in a little hole near the power input..use a blunt instrument to do the job ) for five seconds or so. Then reboot the computer, and you should be back to be able to use the default log in details.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:15:25 PM by tuftedduck »

thequeenscheese

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 02:36:10 PM »

that is not the login it doesnt work,  its a new router and has only been running for a wk as i have only just joined sky its straight out of the box
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:46:25 PM by thequeenscheese »

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
    • A Designers Work in Progress
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 03:18:51 PM »

Then you should call sky and ask them. Those above are the defaults and unless they have changed the defaults then you may have a faulty modem.
I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

thequeenscheese

• Just arrived
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 03:58:08 PM »

they wont give that info out, and they would like to think i cant use my own router either, i presume they have changed the admin-sky login as this is a new connection only live from 13th oct and it deffo does not work for me..

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 05:09:12 PM »

>>> they wont give that info out,<<<  that is very odd if you are a subscriber to their service.

Can you clarify one little point, please..........was the troublesome router supplied to you by Sky, or is it your own one bought from elsewhere , or is it one you were using for your Tiscali connection ?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:37:37 PM by tuftedduck »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 08:07:59 PM »

I take it that you are just trying to access the web GUI rather than the CLI?
The default on all their routers has always been  admin & sky - http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php#38

I wonder if in view of the recent press stuff on the o2 boxes, if sky have also taken heed and decided to change the default password too?
This is just a guess.. but have you tried using the router serial number, which should be on the bottom of the router,  as the password?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 08:12:29 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 09:29:37 AM »

I wonder if in view of the recent press stuff on the o2 boxes, if sky have also taken heed and decided to change the default password too?
This is just a guess.. but have you tried using the router serial number, which should be on the bottom of the router,  as the password?

Just what I was thinking.

I guess you could try reseting it:

Hold the pen/pin in for 10-15 secs, this will perform an ultra-reset and all original settings will be restored, the shorter reset does not change these but the ultra-reset does.

But make sure you have a copy of any ISP login details you may need.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:34:20 AM by BritBrat »