Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Halifax rip off  (Read 16747 times)

Berrick

• Reg Member
Re: Halifax rip off
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »

Hope this piccy brings a smile :D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:45:39 PM by Berrick »
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 09:31:11 PM »

We switched to Halifax a couple of months ago after being with First Direct for 15 years.First Direct are just the same as other banks in what you can get out of them,their big plus is their customer service,we always found it first class.No pressing option this that or the other,just dialled and within seconds you were speaking to someone from the UK.

At least with Halifax we got £100 for switching(that £100 was available the day we filled the application form in at the branch)and you get £5 a month credit(not much I know but more than we ever got with FD) for paying over £750 a month in,have at least 2 direct debits and are in credit)We never go overdrawn so overdraft charges don't bother us.
The downside is you have to press a few options before you can speak to someone(UK based)

Regards switching,it was very easy,its all done for you and everything switched over on the day we agreed on.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 09:48:35 PM »

FD are pretty targeted in who they're after, sadly you probably fall outside their "preferred demographic" these days UB  :'( .

I've been with them since a few days after they opened in October 1989 and it would take something major to make me move, their customer service is way above anything else available to ordinary members of the public.  8)
I've also seen them from the inside, as a supplier not employee, and have spent many hours on their premises, even with the night shift in the very early months!

Of course I use other financial organisations, FD aren't the "best deal" for everything, but their core services for banking and credit cards are a difficult act to beat.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 07:26:08 AM »

I strongly doubt I shall change at any time. For most of my life my account had to be with my bank, and now it pays most of my pension. Not many nowadays but there are some other small benefit.

All that said, the sun does not shine out of dark places, and my bank, though not seeming anywhere nearthe worst, has much deteriorated in standards, and one might even think probity.

JGO

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 07:45:59 AM »

But surely Halifax is part of the RBS ?
The Scots have just released that 300 years after going bankrupt as a country and being bailed out by England, Independence = Pay Back Time, with 300 yrs interest !  so they are desperate to raise money on the QT !
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:48:44 AM by JGO »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 04:38:25 PM »

I strongly doubt I shall change at any time. For most of my life my account had to be with my bank, and now it pays most of my pension. Not many nowadays but there are some other small benefit.

All that said, the sun does not shine out of dark places, and my bank, though not seeming anywhere nearthe worst, has much deteriorated in standards, and one might even think probity.

Yep Im with you on that one.   The service and perks have long since deteriotated. 
Cheap foreign currency, better interest rates, cheaper insurance, pension contributions all gone for 'normal' staff. 
The only thing we werent allowed was an overdraft - ever- and going into the red would most likely lead to disiplinary action. 
Big bosses still get bonuses though... only really BIG bonuses  ::)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 06:48:42 PM »

handy though when my daughter had to send money to France. and did it through me, or when I needed to make a chaps transfer... no commission.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything