Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Norton System Works 2004 (De-Frag)  (Read 4430 times)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Norton System Works 2004 (De-Frag)
« on: June 19, 2006, 05:33:26 PM »

OK, I know it's not really a security problem, more of a pain with regards to Norton System Works de-frag.

However, I just thought I would mention this in case it happens to any one else, and I don't really know if there is a solution, except "don't use Norton de-frag" on drive C: (if your PC re-boots for no reason soon after using Norton de-frag)

The problem is:
EVERY time I de-frag my C: drive, at some point within the next 24 hours I always get a system re-start, no warnings, no messages no asking to start in safe mode, nothing, just restarts and then continues as normal without any problems.

This always happens, but only re-starts once. I am now used to it happening and have accepted it as just another one of those things, but can be very annoying especially if for instance if it happened "Now"

OK, I know what you're thinking, don't use Norton!
But I happen to like Norton, especially the de-frag, as I have several large drives one of which has three partitions and I can set it to de-frag three drives at a time, moving onto the next drive/partition when another has finished, some of which can take up-to 8 hours to de-frag, so it comes in handy to set it running and go to bed.

As I say, possibly there is no solution to this problem, just a mention in-case if it happens to any one else.

anything