Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The worlds fastest connection  (Read 3002 times)

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
Re: The worlds fastest connection
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 07:40:22 AM »

lol, yeah i saw that yesterday morning but i'm a bit sceptical but the 'full dvd in 2 seconds' claim  :-\
Paul

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: The worlds fastest connection
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 12:40:28 PM »

Using Fibre really isnt anything new.. The UK backbones already use it. Problem comes with getting the fibre to the home.

I suppose if she has one direct link then it would be easy on fibre to fibre to get blisteringly fast speeds. 
But the one thing that does occur to me - is that even with fiber there must be a limitation to the speed of data transfer...  so therefore once you start bringing more people into the equasion surely some sort of congestion effect will kick in.  We all cant have a one-2-one link with every single place you can download from.. and therefore there must be backhauls in place - which will be shared.

Then theres also such things as how quick the data can actually be processed by the PC anyhow - how fast can data be written to a disk?...  and how fast can servers "serve up" the data.  Crikey theres more than enough sites out there already that cant cope with todays "Maxdsl" speeds" as it is :-X
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything