Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Indian Support (Idiots)  (Read 4231 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
BT Indian Support (Idiots)
« on: September 28, 2009, 06:09:39 PM »

What about this .......

Thank you for your email dated 23/09/09 regarding the calling plan.

As discussed over the phone this morning with Mr xxxxxxx, I confirm that you were unable to change the calling plan online due to an error.

I have upgraded the calling plan to Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plan at no additional cost. This will be a renewable contract for 12 months starting from today. The reference number is xxxxxxx
If you have any further query please contact me.

Thank you for contacting BT.

Yours sincerely,

Shilpa Natarajan
Digital Care Advisor

and then this today.

Thank you for your email dated 28/09/09 regarding plan charges.

I checked the account and confirm that Unlimited Evening and Weekend time Plan is active on the account. As this plan is not in any contract the line rental charges for this plan is £15.45 per month incl VAT. However there is a discount of £1.25 per month applied on the line rental charges as you have opted for paper free billing.

To have a line rental charge of £12.50 per month incl VAT, I request you to opt for Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plan 12 month renewable contract. In this the line rental charge is £12.50 per month incl VAT. Apart from this paper free discount of £1.25 per month is applied.

You will shortly receive a survey by email asking how I personally dealt with your recent contact via bt.com

. I would like to hear your feedback to help me improve my customer service skills. The questions relate to me personally but there is also a box for general comments about your experience with BT.

FEEDBACK,I will give them feed back.......... :shoot:  >:(
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 06:55:49 PM by UncleUB »

camallison

• Kitizen
Re: BT Indian Support (Idiots)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »

Good luck!

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 10:44:55 PM »

While out walking last year (about 10 miles from my home ) I came across a damaged BT cable junction box that runs along a bridal path.
The box lid and some of the cables where damaged (maybe by a horse), so I sent all the details about it to BT and got some stupid answer about my phone not working  :'( and yes it came from Indian support.  >:D
What a waste of my time.

ps  The box is still like it today.  :'(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 11:55:22 PM »

:no:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 03:28:22 PM »

While out walking last year (about 10 miles from my home ) I came across a damaged BT cable junction box that runs along a bridal path.
The box lid and some of the cables where damaged (maybe by a horse), so I sent all the details about it to BT and got some stupid answer about my phone not working  :'( and yes it came from Indian support.  >:D
What a waste of my time.

ps  The box is still like it today.  :'(

This should be raised as something called a "damage report"and usually get raised against a dummy phone number or a number at the local exchange. If we get a damage report on a task we have to be onsite within 4 hours to make sure whatever the damage is it's not a danger to the public and make it safe.

In theory the job note should make it clear as to where the problem is and a description of roughly what it is. Some times the info we get is unbeliveable, literaly. I can imagine the the sort of call you've ended up having.

One of the 1st ones I ever got "caller reported a loose lid south of long stratton near the main road" I can't imagine the caller just gave this info with out more detail. I was lucky to find it (eventualy) took some searching, but it was a leathal situation due to road subsidance then. Most of the time these are no real danger, just some maintenece needs to be carried out but better safe than sorry.

But it does seem the concept of reporting problem on plant which has nothing to do with your own line is a completley alien concept to some isp's

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 12:29:24 PM »

Just had my bill form BT and guess what........billed for broadband 1st to 31st October...... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Just spent  quite a time on the phone to India who put me through to someone in the UK who told me that it had NOT been cancelled.  :wall:

He has now done that and charges will be refunded(hopefully).

Why was this not done automatically?Was it O2 who should have done this? Doesn't everything fall in to place once you give your newISP your Mac code........

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »

Oh dear......it is down to the migrating subscriber to cancel the account with the losing ISP.
We did talk of this in one of the threads, when discussing what if any penalties you may find levied by BT...and we did talk then of the need for you to offer BT a 30 day notice of cancellation.

It will be interesting to see if you do get a refund, as that 30 day period has apparently not been met.

Fingers crossed.  :fingers:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 01:47:40 PM »

I stil lfind this confusing........

You don't know the exact date you are migrating to a new ISP 30 days before hand,so if you give BT 30 days notice,what happens if your BB is terminated before you actually migrate to a new ISP?

It will be interesting to see if you do get a refund, as that 30 day period has apparently not been met.

The BT person I spoke to in the UK,did cancel my BB and did say that I would be refunded of the October charges....will keep you posted.

I have now noticed online that my BT BB has now been cancelled. :thumbs: :congrats:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 07:08:36 AM »

BT BB update...

Have just received my November Bill and yes they have refunded me the £15.99 broadband charge...... :thumbs:

So I have a free month of charges(and £3.52 in credit)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 07:16:06 AM »

:thumbs: :clap: :clap2:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 07:17:08 AM »

Excellent! :clap2:
  Eric

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 08:00:24 AM »

It has probably cost them BT than that amount to "process" it all!   :swoon:

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 11:40:37 AM »

The FREE evening and week end plan (Line rental) may be free but wait untill you want to get out of contract.

It is a very small time frame and near on impossible as the call center will not know what you are trying to do and by the time you get to speak to someone who does you now have another years contract.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 11:43:50 AM by BritBrat »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 11:49:32 AM »

The FREE evening and week end plan (Line rental) may be free but wait untill you want to get out of contract.

It is a very small time frame and near on impossible as the call center will not know what you are trying to do and by the time you get to speak to someone who does you now have another years contract.

I was with the12 month eve/weekend call plan,which expired in June.BT wrote to me a month before and also emailed me to say if I didn't cancel it would be automatically renewed.
I did cancel without any problem.When I left BT BB at the end of September I was happy to still have my line rental with BT,so I set up another 12 month eve/weekend contract,this suits me fine as I have no immediate wish to take my line rental elsewhere.

I will admit it is a  :wall: experience when dealing with BT's Indian support.The company would get a lot better press if they had UK support.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 11:51:47 AM by UncleUB »

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 02:31:59 PM »

You are about the same as me then.

O2 Broadband and BT line rental.

!8185, 1899, Primus saver option 1 and BT for calls.

Yes it is a little complicated :) all done through an Orchid something like these settings:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5088/october2009edited.jpg
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:35:16 PM by BritBrat »

anything