Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Biscuit  (Read 24016 times)

jeffbb

• Kitizen
Re: Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 07:42:15 PM »

Hi
Just been googling around using some of your phrases from the site .
This is one I found

http://mforum.cari.com.my/archiver/?tid-361955-page-22.html

http://www.adslgr.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-309952.html

Some sites fair do's  have acknowledgements. Others don't >:(

Regards Jeff

zen user

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 11:16:33 PM »

Kitz,

With my very limited understanding of legal affairs, two point come to mind...

1)   Realistically,  you may not be able to get anything done.  Particularly if they're outside the UK they may simply ignore your protests, relying on you not wanting to risk huge amounts of money on legal proceedings that may fail (there's always that risk, no matter how unjust it would be).  And I believe that in cases like this the loser normally pays the other guys court costs, which could be astronomical.

2)  Notwithstanding (1), I think you need to at least make a formal protest and to threaten these folks with legal action.  If you don't, I suspect that future abusers of your copyright could claim that you had 'acquiesced' in the past, which can count against you in future.

I'm certainly no lawyer though so do take proper advice.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 08:25:44 AM »

No matter how big the transgressor, the first step MUST be taken, requesting that they take down the offending material and negotiate a licence to use.  Otherwise, apathy rules!

In the case of Vispa - they are a Cheshire-based outfit who may just play ball but, without having to resort to legal work, we (that's all of us here) can persuade James Ormerod their CEO that it would be in his best interest to acknowledge the hard work that Kitz has put into Kitz by at least acknowledging the source.

Colin

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »

Thanks guys.

I'm not too bothered about forum type posts where people have used bits of the info to help others.
Im not copyright crazy as the information is out there to be able to help others, but I draw a line at blatent ripping off content.

The ones that are bad are competitor help sites, ADSL help desks, and any other commercial site which makes a financial gain.

Quite a lot of correspondence has gone out over the past few days.
Some have been resolved today.

Bit surprised though that Ive not heard anything back yet from James Ormerod from Vispa, - he normally responds pretty quickly when its about their products...  but you can be sure I wont let this drop.
Someone offered to put a comment at the bottom of the feed back.. but I said best leave be as theyd probably delete it anyhow.

Not heard anything back from vivaciti as yet either.  ???

The telecoms company who included stuff in their dslam instruction manual is international and IMHO could be a bigger sin and therefore take longer to be resolved satisfactorily.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 04:45:03 PM »

Still not heard anything from Vispa or Vivaciti - these have now been followed up and also listed in the  name and shame thread -

A formal notification of breach of copyright has also been sent to the parent company of Dynamix after mail to their UK office was returned undelivered this morning.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 10:57:59 PM »

Be careful what you put in this forum, they could be reading it;)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 01:55:41 PM »

I know - thanks.

But then they shouldnt be doing it.. and I will make it clear for others which companies will stoop to plagiarism and just how they handle it.
I will take further action and I wont sit back and let them get away with it.

Yesterdays further action resulted in responses within 24 hours from 2 of them, who had previously ignored the polite notices.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 03:38:24 PM »

I know - thanks.

But then they shouldnt be doing it.. and I will make it clear for others which companies will stoop to plagiarism and just how they handle it.
I will take further action and I wont sit back and let them get away with it.

Yesterdays further action resulted in responses within 24 hours from 2 of them, who had previously ignored the polite notices.

Funny when you dispense with the niceties how people take notice.......well done you.

Keep us posted

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 06:05:53 PM »

Hi
Good for you !! .They should have more respect for the work and effort that you have put in .

Regards Jeff
zen user

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 02:45:26 PM »

Re Dynamix

Nothing so far..  But a bit more info that Ive found with some digging.

Dynamix UK registered office address is
788-790 Finchley Road London NW11 7TJ
which basically is just a company registration office :(

A1 Co Services
Company Registration Agents (Office & Administration) based in the Finchley Road area of London
Tel: 020 84589637
Address: 788-790 Finchley Road London NW11 7TJ

From their website they mainly seem to be majorly based in the

ukraine

All their domain information and website correspondence/enquiries goes to the parent company vectorkeiv
The following is aken from ripe

RSP: IMENA.ua
URL: http://www.imena.ua

owner-contact: P-VOK29
owner-organization: Technology Ltd
owner-fname: Victor
owner-lname: Kozlenko
owner-street: 12, Prorizna str
owner-city: Kiyv
owner-zip: 01034
owner-country: UA
owner-phone: 044-228-73-21
owner-email: victor@vectorkiev.com

nameserver: ns1.imena.com.ua
nameserver: ns2.imena.com.ua
nameserver: ns3.imena.com.ua

Now vectorkeiv throws up a very interesting link - it appears that dynamix is part of the larger vector group
Taken from the vector website

In the second part of the seminar Yuriy Mironenko, the manager on Dynamix products of ‘’Vector” company in Kiev, made his presentation  " Dynamix family is everything you need for organizing broadband access". All classes of the equipment, belonging to Dynamix family – DSL concentrators, ADSL, SHDSL, VDSL modems and routers, HomePNA and VoIP equipment were described in the report. Comparative characteristics of the equipment were analyzed. Different variants of application of these products were given.
    In the third part of the seminar Alexander Ivanov, the technical director of “Vector” company in Kharkov, made his presentation  "Building corporative geographically distributed networks for ASOTEL equipment". The report covered different solutions on using equipment, manufactured by ASOTEL, with trademarks VECTOR and DYNAMIX for small office networks as well as for distributed multifunctional networks on a corporation scale. The advantages of suggested solutions were analyzed.
   The final part of the seminar was devoted to the presentation made by Yuriy Mironenko, the manger on MOXA products of  ‘Vector company in Kiev  - "МОХА 2004 – equipment for building industrial networks". 
    All the families of MOXA equipment – industrial switches and mediaconverters, industrial servers of devices with serial interface, industrial gateways, and all types of devices connected directly to computers (multiport boards, USB devices, converters) and new MOXA family of videoservers were considered in the report.

So just who is Vector?

"Vector company is a supplier of telecommunication equipment to UKraine" -

linky

Well it seems like they are also responsible for the manufacture of quite a lot of adsl technology.. shipping out under such names as Vector and BiPac.. or providing for some larger companies to be rebranded.

In fact this particular mini-dslam gets around also branded out as the netsys nvf-2400s - only difference is the sticker on the front.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 03:03:15 PM »

Theres also some heavy link going on too with Asotel..  but I havent found out yet if they are actually part of the same group or not.

The head of “Asotel” Vadim Starodubtsev opened the seminar. He stressed that a lot of work had been done for the period since last seminar.  First of all, two lines of equipment Dynamix and Vector, manufactured under Asotel trademark have been almost fully developed. Today they include wide range of devices, application of which can solve the complex task of building  multiservice  networks for transmission of information of different types, including data, voice and video.
Requirements of local markets and specific features of existing channels of transmission have been taken into account when developing model lines. Asotel equipment has additional degrees of reliability at comparatively low prices, this fact has helped to achieve optimal correlation of price and quality. 
The line of analog modems, “the last mile” broadband equipment (modems, routers and switches), xDSL equipment with SHDSL and ADSL support as well as the line of VoIP Dynamix DW can be marked out.

The company expects to develop wide line of LAN-equipment  by the end of the second quarter of 2004. This equipment will be in demand in the market of Ukraine as well as abroad.
-----

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 03:20:06 PM »

Ukraine is dsperate to join the EU and there are ongoing discussions happening in the background.

Perhaps a contact with your Member of European Parliament could lead to interesting developments.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 03:27:15 PM »

Thanks TD :)

I'm going to send notification to the main vector group today.

I'm pretty certain that Asotel as well as Dynamix & Vector are all part of the same group as Ive just found something else that seems to imply they are - linky

International company ASOTEL is a well-known manufacturer and supplier of a wide range of network and telecommunication equipment. The motto of the company “Vector of quality” is related to the equipment produced by the company as well as to the style of working.

Today Asotel is a dynamically developing company. The range of equipment offered by Asotel Company includes not only professional equipment but user as well.
Product range is constantly increasing, and at present moment includes: xDSL equipment (IP and ATM concentrators for central offices and peripheral equipment), VDSL equipment, PowerLine equipment, HomePNA equipment, VoIP equipment, bridges and routers, access servers, switches, active network equipment.

Among the members of the company are highly skilled engineers, who can solve difficult technical tasks and provide their clients and partners with all possible support in the sphere of telecommunication equipment and solutions.
Asotel Company regularly takes part in international and regional exhibitions, where it presents Asotel telecommunication equipment with trade marks Vector and Dynamix: modems, xDSL equipment for broadband access, bridges, routers, HomePNA and VoIP equipment.

-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 03:36:17 PM »

It will be interesting to see if the Vector group responds. You're up against some very big guns in a country which is largely unregulated, so the EU sounds like the best opportunity for getting some action if they don't respond. Otherwise, legal action against the UK subsidiary should get a result.
  Eric

mark

• Whitespace Technology
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 05:38:01 PM »

Did you get any of the outstanding issues progressed or resolved Kitz?
Kind regards

Mark Kelly
COO
Whitespace
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything