Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: BT Hub 8MB problems  (Read 26293 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: BT Hub 8MB problems
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 01:20:26 AM »

Draft letter.

I am writing this on behalf of one of your customers who is having extreme difficulties trying to get a problem resolved.  I am very dismayed at the responses that you have given to your customer, despite him giving you all the information which you need to resolve his particular fault.

Now please read this email carefully and in FULL, please do not come back with any of the scripted answers as have been provided elsewhere and we have seen in the past.

Problem

~ Maxdsl line
~ Consistently syncing to the exchange at 8096 kbps which is top speed for an interleaved line.
~ Maximum throughput speed in the region of 1800 kbps regardless of which speedtester used.

Tests performed.

~ Connection speed flatlines at 2Mbps speeds constantly no matter what time of day.
~ Good line showing good adsl line stats and should prove problem free for Max
~ *** BTw Performance checker shows an IP profile of 2000 kbps.  ***

Diagnosis

~ *** IP profile is NOT changing after the mandatory 3 days of higher sync speeds as it should ***
~ ** STUCK BRAS PROFILE**

Solution

~ Needs raising direct to BT Wholesale as a line fault due to having a stuck IP profile, requesting a re-set.

Please do NOT write back to your customer suggesting they check their firewall, router or anything else.
The problem is pure and simple that it is the BT Wholesale IP profile that is limiting the end users speed at the RAS. No amount of configuration or checks that he can do will make any difference.

Do not bother performing a line test since it will likely come back as fault not found.  However it is recommended that you perform an xdsl check via WOOSH where you will very easily be able to confirm that the IP profile is still stuck at 2000,  and needs raising to BT Wholesale who are the only ones that can fix this fault.

If you personally do not understand what I am talking about, then ensure that this fault is passed on to someone who at least understands how adsl in the UK works.  If you would like to know more information about how adsl actually works, and how the bRAS profile is affecting this particular account then check out this page here:- http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/maxdsl2.htm

The ineptitude of BTs helpdesk so far has been recorded on a public forum, and is making your help desk look totally useless. If this shocking service that he has received so far continues then I will be suggesting he raises a complaint direct to a contact I have at Ben Verwayeens office.

Thank you for reading this and hopefully this time someone will do something about your customers problem.

*Kitz*
Owner of www.kitz.co.uk -
ADSL information and trouble shooting site

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 06:54:58 AM »

Nice one!
  Eric

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »

I could have done with that letter when I had the same problem with my old BT Business connection.

So far, so good, with my new connection, but then the ten days aren't up until Friday, so they've still got time to mess it up!

Burrows

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2007, 01:23:29 PM »

thanks kitz

appreciate it alot :)

i shall give it a try.... an see what they say  ;)

EDIT: i have sent the email should receive the reply in about an hour or so  :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 01:28:46 PM by Burrows »

Burrows

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 03:06:44 PM »

this is what i received back from BT from your attempt kitz

-------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Burrows,

I understand from your e-mail that you have written this letter on behalf of one of the customers. The issue is that the broadband connection is slow. The customer has contacted the helpdesk regarding this but the issue is not resolved. You are not happy with the level of support provided by the helpdesk.

I apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you. I would like to reassure you that problems such as those experienced by yourself are being constantly monitored for continuous and swift improvement. Your valuable feedback will be used to identify problem areas in order to provide the customers with the excellent service they expect from BT Total Broadband. Please be assured that BT is aware of the high standards each customer expects and deserves and I am sorry that you feel we have not met these on this occasion.

I have run a test on your line and ensured that the maximum speed that you will get in your broadband is 2 Mb. Please note that the actual speed that you would receive at your premises depends on quite a few factors as listed below:

1. The distance of your premises from the nearest exchange.
2. The quality and the length of the line.
3. The internal wiring at the premises.
4. The number of connection available from the exchange.

Any of the above reasons could be the cause for the slow speed that you receive in the broadband connection. You can also visit the following website to get more information on the 8 Mb connection:

http://faster.bt.com/faqs.asp

Please visit http://www.bt.com/broadband/help for solutions to most questions and to contact us in future.

Thank you for using BT Total Broadband.

Prabhu
BT Total Broadband Support Team.

Burrows

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 03:12:08 PM »

tbh that email is crap aswell because first of all the exchange is basically at the top of my road, so definitely not number 1

the wiring is spot on, so its not that

and the connections isnt a problem because alot of my friends in my area have got 8mb connections working perfectly  :-\

EDIT: do you think using a belkin router i have instead of the hub may change things?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »

Christ almighty what utter CRAP

>> I have run a test on your line and ensured that the maximum speed that you will get in your broadband is 2 Mb.

What test would that be then?
The router is syncing at 8096 kbps for gawds sake.

What a pathetic shambles.... this guy is talking out of his backside.
They just arent listening.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »

>> EDIT: do you think using a belkin router i have instead of the hub may change things?

No - You are syncing at 8096 kbps as it is - thats the maximum speed for an interleaved line, changing your router wont change anything :(
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 05:58:55 PM »

Okay can you do me a favour please

Can you post in this thread
1).  Your line stats taken from your router now showing your sync speed
2).  Results of a BTw Performance Test showing your IP profile.
3).  Results from the BT checker. (Enter your phone no).

-----

Chris P Duck

• Reg Member
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2007, 06:11:08 PM »

LOL (sorry cant help but laugh) This is yet another fine example of utterly apalling BT broadband back up. You can tell them until you are blue in the face. You need to speak to the UK support desk. Failing that make a formal complaint then have it esculated to "high level" complaints, only then will you get these muppits to listen to you. Dealing with the overseas call center will only prematurely age you! Just think you have at least another 12 months of this crap (18 months if you got suckered like I did)
FTTC 80mb/20mb |  Infinity2
Exchange- Colwyn Bay WNBC | ISP BT
Ping ms 21
Download Mbps 68.15
Upload Mbps 18.56

Burrows

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 06:22:58 PM »

i sent the results to u kitz through the personal message =]

thanks

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2007, 06:44:49 PM »

Thanks Burrows. For the purpose of this thread I want to replicate the bits in here that dont contain personal information.

1). Sync Speed 8096/448

2). IP Profile

IP profile for your line is - 2000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  8096 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1849 kbps

3) BT checker results.

initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a line rate up to 2Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 2Mbps or greater.

(interesting that the BTchecker doesnt seem to have updated yet either to the new sync speeds.).

-----

Burrows

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2007, 06:54:47 PM »

i see  :)

what u gunna do next?

bit lost haha

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2007, 07:09:22 PM »

>> what u gunna do next?

We will see  ;)
-----

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2007, 07:23:20 PM »

deja vu??

this is exactly what i had 2 deal with  :no:

i prised this address out of the indian bloke, its the place to write 2 if all else fails:

Customer Service Director
BT PLC
Correspondance Centre
Durham
DH98 1BT

Pwigg
Paul
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6