Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Slow site  (Read 7840 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Slow site
« on: August 26, 2009, 08:52:37 AM »

Is it just me or my PC or connection, but is the site loading very slowly this morning ?

Anyone else experiencing any problems ?

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Slow site
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:00:46 AM »

Just as it normally is for me TD

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:05:27 AM »

I've found that it has been  'stuttering ' on occasion for the past few days TD   .....

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 09:07:33 AM »

It seems fine here.

Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 09:31:19 AM »

Thank you all for the comments.

"stuttering"...yes that is a good word to describe the problem.

Have invoked the "connection status bar" in my browser where you can read the connections progress ( I know, TD is sad  ;D) and the connection hangs at "connecting to villagephotos.com"

I presume that this where one or other of the smileys/avatars/sigs is/are hosted.......the wee hiccup is possibly occuring on that host.

Will carry on like a brave soldier, it will no doubt clear itself up in good time.

Thank you again.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 09:37:37 AM »

Have invoked the "connection status bar" in my browser where you can read the connections progress ( I know, TD is sad  ) and the connection hangs at "connecting to villagephotos.com"

That sometimes happens to me,I have to wait wait slightly for the "villagephotos.com to load.And if I'm not mistaken that is the image of little Scotty wagging his tail.If you right click the image,it will say "village photos"

Just to add,sometimes the tail wags and sometimes it doesn't. (for me at least)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:40:25 AM by UncleUB »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 09:53:59 AM »

Thanks, unkyUb........yes, I think that is where the problem is, but I had not associated villagephotos with wee Scotty before......I honestly cannot say if his tail is wagging all the time or not, I must say that sigs. are something that I tend not to notice  :-[

Having said all that, it is worthwhile having a tiny delay just to see Scotty wagging away....good dog  ;D

@ scottiesmum..please, do not remove Scotty or I will start a "Bring Back Scotty" campaign..

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »

@ scottiesmum..please, do not remove Scotty or I will start a "Bring Back Scotty" campaign..

No don't remove him Kate,Its not a problem,its just when TD mentioned "Village Photos" I seem to remember seeing that on the odd occasion when waiting for the page to load. :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 10:12:13 AM »

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!      Shall I perhaps move Scotty to photobucket and see if that's better  ... or do you think it's because he's animated  ?   I'll try that and you tell me if it's any better ....won't be long  ....   he's just gone for a walk with hubby  :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »

I've done it  .....    is that any better    :-\    I can't tell     :lol:    IF it isn't,  and the wagging tail is slowing us down,  I have NO PROBLEM at all with changing my signature; it might be an idea to give his tail a rest anyway  ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 10:28:51 AM »

His tail isn't wagging for me at the moment :)
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 10:33:28 AM »

Blue is sending over some of his chewy tripe stix for Scotty, being as he is under a bit of stress. :)

Re Tripe Stix:He could have the lot for me,they smell absolutely foul......Blue can't get enough of them.You only have to pick the packet up and his eyes go wild with anticipation.  :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 10:39:14 AM »

Scotty decided he wanted to chase that cat again   ;D     (oooops  !   sorry Kitz   :D )  ....    those chews must have worked Unc  he's very lively now  !! ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 10:39:30 AM »

His tail isn't wagging for me at the moment :)

Nor me :(
Do I seem to recall that sometime in the past his tail stopped wagging before, when hosted on photobucket?

Kate - Ive nabbed a copy and uploaded it to http://www.kitz.co.uk/temp/scottie.gif
Youre more than welcome to use that url if its any better.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 10:40:29 AM »

Oh dear, scottiesmum is going to so much trouble.................I'm sorry to have raised the subject.

We have a new Scotty sig. now I see, he is running around like a berserk thing.  ;D

@scottiesmum, I really did not intend to cause you this hassle.......sorry, and thank you.  

ooops....crossed posts with Kitz
Pages: [1] 2