Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Linksys wireless router wont connect  (Read 3506 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Linksys wireless router wont connect
« on: August 25, 2009, 05:33:43 PM »

I'm posting this here... as Im currently working my way through numerous emails and PMs after being away on hols for the past week.

I need help in connecting my linksys wireless router to my ISP modem, can somebody help me.
I did connect it and it worked before,but now that im back from vacation it doesnt work any more, i still have the same configuration,my voip phone works but i cant access the internet from my computer. Its very strange that my voip is working but i cant access internet any more from my pc!
I think that my ISP is playing with TTL or MTU. I did change the MTU on my router and my pc made it lower that MTU that my ISP is using, but again i cant access the internet on my pc?
I hope somebody will help me out with this problem soon, thank you in advance.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Linksys wireless router wont connect
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 05:34:11 PM »

Hi dugi

When you say it wont connect, we need to find out if its the wireless part of the connection thats not working.. or if its the internet part.
Are you able to access the router interface from your PC ?

http://192.168.1.1/

If you can get to the interface are you able to access your line stats please.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

dugi77

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 08:40:36 PM »

I have setup the wireless i have the connection with my pc i just cant open webpages, My router is Linksys WRTP54G, its router,switch,voip switch and wireless also, my voip phone works i cant talk on it so i can communicate through it i just cant access internet. My ISP is blocking people from adding other devices on their modems. Their policy is that we cant connect other devices other then the modem that they give us. Somebody told me that they are doing something with TTL or something else, can somebody help please.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 05:35:04 AM »

Sorry, from your first post I hadnt realised that you were on cable broadband, nor that it was a non-uk ISP.

At first I couldnt see how the (UK) ISP could be stopping you from adding your own router but after having just done some googling it does appear that your ISP is somehow making it very difficult to add more than one PC to a network.  The language barrier (Ive been using google Albanian -> English) makes it a tad more complicated for me to understand, but like you say, from other discussions it may appear that they are perhaps setting the TTL to 1 in order to prevent more than one device being attached to their modem. 

If this is the case, then Im not sure how you can get the Linksys to increase this.. which is what you would need to do in order to pass network traffic on to other devices.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps trying kosovaforce.net where they do appear to have some discussion about ipko.net and how gamers may get around such problems.
-----