Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I have found a VERY CLEVER programme !!  (Read 2466 times)

scottiesmum

I have found a VERY CLEVER programme !!
« on: August 21, 2009, 07:23:23 PM »

http://download.cnet.com/PC-Inspector-Smart-Recovery/3000-2242_4-10066144.html?tag=lst-1

I stupidly formatted my SD camera card in error  .....  I'm having fun lately   ::)   after a long in depth search, a few trial and error programmes !  I found the above.    I have now retrieved ALL my photographs,even though I had taken others since the format , and they are now back on my machine fully accessible.  This was a free programme although I'm not sure if you just get one  'go' with it, I'm not really bothered now I've retrieved my lost treasures.  So I thought I'd mention it on here in case anyone else has the need. 

I did give it the necessary checks with Spybot and Avira before installing and there were no hidden nasties.

It may be old hat and you already know about it  .....    it's very clever !  :clap2:

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: I have found a VERY CLEVER programme !!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 10:26:37 PM »

There are a number of programs like this, they will normally only work after you either delete the files or do a quick format, a full format usually loses everything. When I bought a new SD card for my camera I got a free download of a commercial program which does this - I suppose they thouht everyone does this at least once! I know I have....
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: I have found a VERY CLEVER programme !!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 07:14:45 AM »

Well done, scottiesmum, and thanks for the heads-up about the prog... :)

Glad you have all your piccies back safe and sound... :thumbs:

anything