Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Network pop-up  (Read 13563 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Network pop-up
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 05:01:59 PM »

TD is baffled............ :'(

Will do some googling  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 06:16:18 PM »

That's very kind of you TD  ... I don't want to cause you hassle   ...................   well, no more than normal    :D    I've been Googling too but haven't found anything different to the suggestions made.  Also I've been having a look on the Orange site here and can't find anything different either   :'(     I beet it's something really silly and simple  :wall:

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »

Just delete that (Orange) connection. It's superfluous and causing confusion.

If you have a LAN connection (cable to Livebox) it's been superceded.

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 08:29:57 PM »

Hi
I had  a similar problem on my Xp machine that originally had a dial up connection I removed it and all was fine  :)
Regards Jeff
zen user

scottiesmum

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 10:29:44 PM »

Can I just clarify what you are saying HP and Jeff please  ....  do you mean on the Internet Properties  image I've shown, I should remove the item  Orange(default)  ?   I just want to make sure I've understood you    ..................  it's me not you   ;D   My connection to my Livebox is wireless (this was done to eliminate having to have an extension telephone cable through several rooms).  Are you also referring to Network Connection on the Control Panel  where one of the entries is  for    Dial up    Orange  with a red Cross through it  ...saying   Unavailable, device missing  ...... do I delete this as well ?

Much appreciate your response.   :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:32:31 PM by scottiesmum »

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 10:44:15 PM »

Yes.
If you remove one the other will probably go too. If not get rid of it as well.
The only "connection" you need will be the wireless connection (whatever it is) in Network Connections (in My Network)

scottiesmum

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 10:49:35 PM »

HP  ....  I shall do that   ...... :fingers:   :D  ....    many thanks.  I will post back tomorrow.    Bonne nuit ! 

scottiesmum

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 09:19:10 AM »

Well I've followed the instructions of HP and Jeff and have deleted the Orange default from Internet Connection, which also got rid of the Orange (Unavailable device missing) item in Network Settings   ....  and I have done this 6 times now, the pop up still appears, and the items I have removed/deleted are back where they were   :'(      Each time I carried out the removal of the Orange default in Connections, I checked the first option   Never Dial a Connection, then removed the Orange default then pressed Apply and OK.    I checked each time if the Network Connection Icon had gone, and it had, then I switched off the computer.  On switching on again each time, the pop up appeared,  the Never Dial a Connection had reverted to the second option Dial whenever a Network connection is not present, the Orange Default item is back and so is the Orange (device missing) item in Network Connection   :'(  I'm stumped  !    My Monsieur who works for Orange is on holiday at the moment, but I'll get in touch with him at the end of the month if this is not resolved before.   I don't want to be a nuisance to anyone here,  and I can at least keep ticking  don't ask me again until I connect and cancelling the pop up.   One strange thing all my Orange installation is in French but this pop us is in English  !! 

Many thanks everyone    :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 09:33:43 AM »

Oh dear  :(

When you get a problem, you sure do get a problem  :D

Try this......Internet Explorer>tools>internet options>connections>LAN settings.............and make sure there is a check mark in the box "automatically detect settings"

:fingers:

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 11:17:49 AM »

Sounds like you've got some Orange connectivity software lurking in there that's setting them up again.
Have a look in Control Panel Add or Remove Programs for any likely culprits and list them here.

scottiesmum

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 12:01:42 PM »

I did what you said TD   ..... just started up again  ....  pop up back  !! AND the alteration I made as per yours instructions has  reverted to there being NO check mark in the "automatically detect settings" box  !   I think there is a little man in there having fun   ;D

HP  I've checked my Add/Remove list  (I had done this already before posting my OP) but have looked again and the only thing that refers to anything to do with Orange is the actual Orange Logiciels  (Orange Software)  which has been there since I installed the Livebox..

Could this be something to do with IE8 ? just a thought

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 12:09:53 PM »

You don't need Orange software to use the Livebox, and you can of course always reinstall it from CD if you do actually need it to do something such as deal with a problem.

I'd remove it and see what happens.

Can't see how IE8 would be doing any of that.

scottiesmum

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 12:24:57 PM »

HP  the Orange software pertains to the 'Gestionnaire' panel for Orange, ie where I can access the Web, Mail, the Live-Box,  and configure my personal settings.   I would not be happy to delete this, despite having the CD;   if you knew how long it took me to sort it all out originally you'd agree    :D   

I think this is something I'm going to have to tolerate.  It doesn't affect my connection, speed and general usage of computer, it's just a niggle  .... but I have other 'niggles' far more important than this.

I really do appreciate your, and everyone else's, assistance with this and am sorry that none of the excellent suggestions have resolved it    :flower:  to all. 

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »

The "Gestionnaire" may have all you access points and settings in one place, but these accesses and settings can all be found in your browser, email client etc......ok, spread over the various programs but easily found and set up.

If you are brave you could try this.

1) create a new system restore point.
2) uninstall Orange Gestionaire
3) see what happens and how easy it is to set up your preferences in the various progs.
4) see if that solves the problem
5) if it does, great
6) if it doesn't and you want to set it up again.....simply restore back using the restore point you have just created.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 12:34:52 PM »

Hmmmm. That has almost certainly picked up your earlier dial-up settings (pre Livebox) and is causing the problem.
Maybe a call to Orange will get you sorted out, or as you say just live with it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3