Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 3 Years of hassling BT, yet still not solved  (Read 8186 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: 3 Years of hassling BT, yet still not solved
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 07:25:05 PM »

Why shouldn't I give up?

Well, I have had problems with my ADSL for a while. Issues have cleared because I kept pestering my ISP!

When I switched to LLU with Tiscali all hell broke loose with my ADSL and I only synced at 4563kbps on a 30dB attenuation. I came here for help and after many months of constantly arguing Tiscali they removed a speed cap on my line, but I still only synced at 6000kbps.

After totally re wiring the house and using the Radio trick to check for interference I now manage a sync of 7648kbps.

Your stats in your op show that you have a lot of CRC errors which are caused by Noise Impulses. Lots of these will affect throughput.

Have a go at the Radio Trick. It showed me how the old boiler was playing havoc! A new one and the improvement came (some what!)
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

Undead

• Just arrived
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »

I've allready got a AM radio and tried to locate the interfearence. I get loud noise from everything and do not know how to tell the difference between the interfearence and normal noise. The mains screams on the radio, as does my Belkin Shielded RJ11 cable. Boiler makes weird noises as well despite being new.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 08:18:31 PM »

The UPS can not be the cause of the noise, I didn't own the UPS until after the first power cut. I bought the UPS in the hopes of another power cut so I could log more details.

After every powercut the noise is completly gone for just over 10 minutes, then my SNR rapidly goes down until sync is lost.

I may be missing something (nothing new there   ???), but if you didn't own a UPS then how did you know there was a problem?

Undead

• Just arrived
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 08:19:46 PM »

the first time my power went I did not own the UPS either, I simply noticed that my broadband synced at over 7Mbps when the power came back.

orainsear

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 12:53:43 PM »

If your AM radio is screaming with noise in your flat then it is probably being swamped with the RF interference. First off you could try taking it outside the building to check whether the interference lessens.  If the signal does become clearer, it may help you to identify the actual interference so you know what you are listening for.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 01:05:32 PM »

A mains cable on the radio should be a barratone hum, Imagine a group of monks chanting Ohmmmmmmmm

transformers at close proximity may prduce other noises but this should fade away at about half a meter away
Pages: 1 [2]