Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: SNR not changing  (Read 5060 times)

smallmexican

• Just arrived
SNR not changing
« on: August 26, 2009, 04:45:06 PM »

Hello all, i was wondering if there were any issues with the SNR not changing on the BT voyager 2110, im on a sky connection and i decided to use my old voyager as i know the DMT tool doesnt work with the sagem routers.

so i started by updating the firmware to the latest 3.30 for voyager and then took me forever to find the user/pass for sky (not given to you) so after finding all this it connected up at 7mbps but i know the line can take a lot more. My line will max out at about 15mbps according to bt tags checker and some other handy tools :D

I unlocked the advanced tab, got the slider, put it down as my SNR is now above 13db but when it resynced it was still at the same SNR, any ideas?

p.s im on the unlimited max service with sky :D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: SNR not changing
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 06:48:49 PM »

The SNRM tweak should work for the 2110's - although it doesnt permanently retain the setting.
There is also a maximum amount that you can do with the slider - eg only change by 3 or 6dB...  but afaik it should work.

Im not sure about the firmware version you have since its a while now since I played with the 21x series..   but the SNR tweak should also be available via the telnet CLI.

iirc it was
adsl configure [--snr <snrQ4>]

For <snrQ4>] follow the instructions as per the DG834GT target SNR over-ride table for the 'n' value.

eg
adsl configure --snr 50

Please note that as this is a firmware version Im not familiar with..  you undertake these tweaks entirely at your own risk.

-> adsl --help
should give you the available commands
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

dave123

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 10:03:29 PM »

The DMT tool does work with the (my) 2110 router.  70% gives me about 2 snr improvement, and 50% about 3 snr.

BUT- only use the apply/resynch button under the hidden tag.

If you turn off the router at the mains or have a brief power cut, you will immediately kose the DMT tweak and go back to BT's setting of 15 or whatever.

My version is 8.07 in the bottom right corner of ther screen after you have connected' - downloaded about a month ago

dave

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 02:10:46 PM »

Thanks for that confirmation dave - wasnt sure about the later firmware version.
But I do know it worked with earlier ones.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything