Broadband Related > ISPs

O2(I've done it)

(1/23) > >>

UncleUB:
Well I have gone and signed up to O2 LLU basic 8mb package,subject to me giving them a mac code near the end of September.

I have an O2 phone,so £7.34 a month,12 month contract,with the first 2 months free.

You will know when its time for me to switch over as the forum will be shaking(I will have gone into 'Wuss' mode)

I will hopefully call on your assistance if I'm in difficulties.........

They called me this afternoon and I agreed (subject to me giving them the Mac code).Tbh I was 95% certain to go with them anyway.

Told me I will get 3.5mb(which I took with a pinch of salt).I might see a little improvement,but the price is good and the support is UK based and free via a landline or an O2 mobile,both are good plus points for me.

jid:
LLU will be of great benefit Unc as you're on quite a long line aren't you? :-\

UncleUB:

--- Quote from: jid on August 13, 2009, 03:56:57 PM ---LLU will be of great benefit Unc as you're on quite a long line aren't you? :-\

--- End quote ---

The great wall springs to mind...... :D

Hi Jamie,yes I am....

Line Mode    G.DMT         Line State    Show Time    
   Latency Type    Interleave         Line Up Time    39:09:05:42    
   Line Coding    Trellis On         Line Up Count    1    

Statistics    Downstream    Upstream    
   Line Rate    1920 Kbps    448 Kbps    
   Noise Margin    4.6 dB    12.0 dB    
   Line Attenuation    63.5 dB    31.5 dB    
   Output Power    17.5 dBm    12.2 dBm

roseway:
Good luck Phil. Try to be a brave little soldier. ;D

UncleUB:
Well I thought I had done it...  :doh:

Just had an email asking me for a mac code.(computer generated apparently)So I phoned up to query this.I was told my order would only be live for 21 days from placing it.
I said my BT contract expires on 30 September so I won't be able to get my mac code inside the 21 day timescale.
Don't worry I was told,we will just cancel it and you can then re apply  :o

Re Mac codes....I know they last for 30 days ,so if I ask BT for one on say 2nd September and then give it to O2,will they/can they start my new BB contract before the existing contract(30 sept) ends...... :shrug2:

Edit,do I tell my new isp the date I want to be transfered over,or do they call the shots.(Just been reading info on the Kitz migrating/mac key section.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version