Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Call Charges.  (Read 4384 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
BT Call Charges.
« on: August 10, 2009, 01:55:28 PM »

The BT call charge set up fee is increasing from 8p to 9.05p from October 1st ...........Disgusting  >:(

Changes to Home Phone Calling Plan Prices in August & October 2009.

Standard 0870 pence per minute rates.
BT was the first company to give customers free calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers within their calling plan, and now our rates for calling 0870 numbers outside of your calling plan will also be cheaper. We are pleased to announce that as of 1 August 2009, the daytime and evening pence per minute rates will be the same as we charge to call a UK landline. The daytime rate will decrease from 5.88 to 4.5 pence per minute, and the evening rate will decrease from 1.47 to 1.45 pence per minute. Visit www.bt.com/tariffs

for more information and see below for future changes to the UK daytime pence per minute rate.

Call Set-up fee.
The call set-up fee does not apply to inclusive weekend calls for customers on the Unlimited Weekend Plan, to inclusive evening and weekend calls for customers taking the Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan or the Broadband Talk Evening & Weekend Plan, to inclusive anytime calls on the Unlimited Anytime Plan or the Broadband Talk Anytime Plan, calls to Freephone services and to other inclusive calls not mentioned above.

From 1 October 2009, the call set-up fee for non-inclusive calls from landlines and for non-inclusive Broadband Talk calls will increase from 8p to 9.05p per call. The existing call set-up fee of 2.94p per call for BT Fusion, In-Contact Plus, Light User Scheme and BT Basic customers remains unchanged.

Daytime UK calls.
The daytime UK call price does not apply to calls of up to an hour with the Unlimited Anytime Plan. The Unlimited Anytime Plan offers you inclusive daytime UK calls (to numbers beginning 01, 02 & 03, excluding Channel Islands) and inclusive calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers1 for £4.95 a month with a 12-month contract. Visit www.bt.com/anytime

for more information.

From 1 October 2009, the cost of UK calls made during the daytime will increase from 4.5 pence per minute to 5.25 pence per minute. This change does not apply to BT Basic, Light User Scheme and In-Contact Plus customers.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: BT Call Charges.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:52:26 AM »

Bunch of money grasping **%$%%£****  >:(

What bugs me most about BT billing is the £4.50 "payment processing fee"...............pay for the privilege of getting a bill from them..!

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 08:55:04 AM »

It's all designed to push you towards the "all inclusive" packages.  :-X

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 09:12:03 AM »

It's all designed to push you towards the "all inclusive" packages.  :-X

Thats right.......they want you tied into long contracts.(I wonder why) >:(

I am on the weekend plan (no contract).Free calls at weekend only.

I pay £11.25 line rental,that is because I pay by direct debit and have paperless billing.Not sure how much it is without that?

I suppose there is vat on the call connection charge as well,or is that including vat?

anything