Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DLA/AA Benefits Cuts !!!  (Read 10900 times)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: DLA/AA Benefits Cuts !!!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 01:23:19 PM »

Well things must have changed, as things do, because like yourself Britbrat and many many others I worked for over fifty years. Some hard labour, some out in all weathers roping and sheeting wagons, until I was unable to do it any-more. I then found a cushy number as a photocopier engineer. This lasted some 12 years until the cartilage in my left knee decided to self destruct. I had that removed and struggled on for another 3-4 years or so at which time I was unable to carry the tool case from the car into the job. Strangely enough I was in Sheffield when I got into trouble carrying the case from the underground car park at meadow hall into Marks and Sparks. The offices are on the top floor and I never made it. I was about 56-57 years of age and was thrown on the scrap heap. The company I worked for said I could either work from Bury in Lancashire or take redundancy. The answer was easy. I was then on the treadmill of incapacity benefit, unable to get off because no-one wanted to employ a useless worn out like me. I was investigated a number of times, attended these medicals at least three times. The final medical the doctor gave a note to say I was not fit to work for at least 8 years. During which time I started with a thing called epilepsy. I have been warned about climbing ladders and things but I might as well just go to bed and say good night. I still can't do a proper days work, even all the DIY what should have been done in a day took me about a month. But it keeps me going. So I would say for anyone who is genuine the have nothing to fear. Just keep crawling through the hoops when they say jump.

I agree with UncleUb who has just posted as I was writing my novel. The sad thing is that when someone gets a new brush they have to try it out without regard for what has gone on before.

Oops! I can't type fast enough here. Confused: I think that it's outrageous them asking for such a sum of money from someone as your self. Bah!
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

Confused

• Just arrived
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 03:00:46 PM »

Silversurfer,

Now I think you may see why I'm confused. There is so much conflicting information out there. The tips on the Benefits and Work website are useful but in order to get the full benefit of their advice you have to be a paid up member of their site. As you say, perhaps I'll have to keep jumping through their hoops and see what happens. It all feels so humiliating though, especially as my doctor is well aware of the facts of my case. Thing is, the Benefits and Work site actually says that if you get a lower award, think it's wrong and then push for an appeal, they often turn down the whole thing. That sounds spiteful to me. Is that a way to force people not to bother with an appeal? It's no fun to be in pain and then feel as though someone is virtually accusing you of faking it, when, like I say, the only thing between me and real agony is regular doses of morphine. I don't think they hand that out like sweeties! I hope your own incapacity is bearable and I'm happy that you, at least, had a favourable outcome to your case.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 03:26:43 PM »

You seem to have got the right idea of jumping through hoops, humiliating it may seem but it's the only way as far as I know. Yes they will hope that most will give up before appealing and it will work for those that maybe can manage. I am now retired so if things are bad I can take a rest. I am on slow release pain killers and anti-epileptic pills for the rest of my days, but I try and look on the bright side. This forum is a good place to help relax. There are also many like minded and caring people on here.
Take each day as it comes and don't try and read all the information or else you will become even more confused. Personally I don't think you need worry. Play the little game and you will be fine.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

Confused

• Just arrived
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 06:54:38 PM »

You seem to have got the right idea of jumping through hoops, humiliating it may seem but it's the only way as far as I know. Yes they will hope that most will give up before appealing and it will work for those that maybe can manage. I am now retired so if things are bad I can take a rest. I am on slow release pain killers and anti-epileptic pills for the rest of my days, but I try and look on the bright side. This forum is a good place to help relax. There are also many like minded and caring people on here.
Take each day as it comes and don't try and read all the information or else you will become even more confused. Personally I don't think you need worry. Play the little game and you will be fine.

I sincerely hope you are right Silversurfer. My wife is becoming very worried about my mood as I think she fears the depression will get worse and that I may disappear into a dark hole and not emerge unscathed. Like you, I am slow release painkillers, morphine tablets twice daily plus liquid morphine in between as well as all my other medications for heart, chest, bowel, etc. I just wish someone would stand up to the government and say, enough, leave the sick alone. There are enough targets out there for them who are really abusing the system without picking on those least able to defend themselves.
Pages: 1 [2]