Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Be there rebranding  (Read 12030 times)

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Be there rebranding
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 06:07:24 PM »

There's already a poll. 1 person likes it  :lol:

stevie

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 06:49:25 PM »

I don`t actually find it that bad.

Its like an Eco Warriors site..

Its certainly very modern, fresh & different.....I believe a few improvements are needed.

One thing it isn`t is a very sterile boring home page like some ISPs & Be have never been like other ISPs.

& before anyone asks....NO, I haven`t voted, I`ve only had a quick look.

Stevie awaits a few negative comments... :baby: :baby:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 11:29:51 PM »

tbh my first thoughts were its sooooooo late 90's.  The colours remind me of something more like something someone did back then when first learning html.

Then theres the moving around/dragging of flash boxes which was something I tried when flash first appeared on the scene  about 8-9 years ago?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 11:42:13 PM »

There's already a poll. 1 person likes it  :lol:

I just logged in to try and view the comments and add my own...  its just gone down and looks well and truely b0rked.

What a stuff up :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 08:36:31 AM »

I opened the "security" tab on the pop-up , approved the certificate and told the thing to remember that setting.......and the pop-ups no longer appear.  ???

It does appear to be a valid certificate...surely bethere would not inflict malware of any sort... so I accepted it, but I am still worried that I saw this on all sites except Bethere......will trundle off and run hours and hours of anti nasty scans.
 :fingers:

Thank you all for your responses and comments.

Did you find anything TD ?

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 08:42:51 AM »

I opened the "security" tab on the pop-up , approved the certificate and told the thing to remember that setting.......and the pop-ups no longer appear.  ???

It does appear to be a valid certificate...surely bethere would not inflict malware of any sort... so I accepted it, but I am still worried that I saw this on all sites except Bethere......will trundle off and run hours and hours of anti nasty scans.
 :fingers:

Thank you all for your responses and comments.

Did you find anything TD ?

@ unkyUb............No, nothing found. It is obviously a legitimate pop-up and I do seem to have done the correct thing with it......it has not re-appeared today so hopefully that is an end to that matter.
Will google around and study until I understand exactly what has happened.

I do tend to panic a bit when something unexpected happens....just the way I am..

Thank you for asking.  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »

TD, theres been a few others reporting similar weirdness who arent using the "standard" browsers/ Operating systems.  
(I mentioned what had happened to you  last night on on their Internal forums,  and one of the Usergroup guys said  its mostly occurring  to Mac Users using Safari)

I dont think its malicious nor intentional and Im sure youre perfectly fine...  I think this may be down to total incompetence by who ever was in charge of the design.
Basically there's a lot of things that arent right and bugs that have turned up..   how on earth this got released without proper testing is beyond me.  :-\

Theres a massive outcry on their forums - I dont think Ive ever seen such a fuss about anything kicked up by Be users and theres literally 1000's of  complaints about the new design.
Comments that a four year old could have done better and suggestions that the person responsible should be sacked are plentiful.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:38:17 AM by kitz »
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 10:23:15 AM »

Who ever did the site must be totally off their rocker or on acid.

New themes have been installed... you can get an idea of the designers taste if you click "Personalise" on the left column.

The internal forums have also appear to have had a makeover too and various themes introduced... for those that arent with Be I'll attach an amage of what one user was presented with this morning.  Looks like something a spotty 15 year old would do.  I mean how unprofessional looking is this... its hardly ISP type material is it?

[attachment deleted by admin]
-----

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 10:37:41 AM »

@ Kitz.....thank you so much for your time and trouble in posting my wee worries on the Be forums.....you went beyond the call of duty doing that, and I am really grateful for your efforts.  :)

I still find it strange that the only site on which I did not get that pop-up was Be.......but did get it everywhere else.

However, it has gone and I am happy to put the whole thing down to a quirky but innocent site.

That new GUI of theirs does remind of of one of the pictures that you see painted by chimpanzees... ;D

Thank you again.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 11:22:02 AM »

There does seem to be something peculiar here, though I doubt if it's anything ominous.

I get an IE securuty alert just by viewing page 1 of this topic, before I even think about clicking any links.   It happens every time.   Page 2 of the topic is fine, and so are all the other forum topics I've looked at.  I've not (yet) encountered it on any other web pages - just page 1 of this topic.

The popup tells me that I've not 'chosen to trust'  BeThere's certificate.  The PC I'm at is running IE6 on W2K.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 11:31:48 AM »

That is interesting 7LM...............in view of your comments, I have just gone back to page 1 of this thread.......and up popped the same security alert as I was getting yesterday.
But....it is now confined to that page 1..... ???

The warnings do seem to be getting triggered by the link to Bethere posted by orainsear in the original post ( I am sure that the link was posted in good faith...I do not mean to imply that orainsear is guilty of wrongdoing, that is obviously not the case)

That is in XP and Opera browser.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:46:50 AM by tuftedduck »

orainsear

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 12:06:38 PM »

The link that I posted is to flickr, via anonym.to, which is simply an image/picture hosting site and has nothing to do with Be so I'd be very surprised if it was this (unless it's anonym.to or flickr that's causing the problems).

There is however the 'pimp my bebox'  :lol: image posted by kitz which is hyper-linked to the Be site so perhaps it's this that's causing the issues?

There is also a disclaimer from Be stating that IE6 won't display the site properly  :-\

Edit: I've edited the original post to remove the link - can you check whether this has helped?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:09:06 PM by orainsear »

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 01:09:50 PM »

Your edit's in place (the link's gone) and I still get the popup.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 01:27:30 PM »

Ive just removed the image which linked back to the be site..  and instead have uploaded it to this site.

Does that clear the problem?
-----

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2009, 01:34:41 PM »

Problem's gone for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

anything