Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 14th July - Bastille Day !!!!  (Read 1870 times)

scottiesmum

14th July - Bastille Day !!!!
« on: July 14, 2009, 09:14:29 AM »

It's called the  Fête Nationale here   .... so there will be family get togethers,  celebrations etc up and down the land and  later  tonight the firework and laser shows they put on all over the place..... 

I'm not too bright today, but I don't think it's man flu so no worries there  :lol: :lol:   I have a very stiff shoulder and neck and bad throat  :( ......   but no doubt some TLC and a couple of glasses of my warm red wine remedy  ;)  (much later of course !)  will sort it out.

We are going up to a small Chapelle which was built in 1234  (it has the date engraved at the entrance and you couldn't forget that date !)  as I said yesterday, a family member in the UK died a few days ago, and the funeral is to be held today so we shall pay our own respects at a distance and this small place, in the middle of a small forest, is an ideal venue .  Sad times !   

We had a thunderstorm late last night, but only a mild one and some rain, but now we are back to normal   :sun:   .....   

Enjoy your day all     .....  !

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Re: 14th July - Bastille Day !!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 09:23:41 AM »

Morning Kate and all who follow,

Happy Fete Nationale day!  I hope you feel better soon, glad it's not "man flu" though....<sharp intake of breath>......it's dire when you get that  :lol:  Sorry to hear of a family bereavment, my condolences to you.

Grey and dull here at the moment though was sunny earlier so not sure what the outcome will be.  Will be taking my PC in to be "looked at" and the security updated - saves me messing it all up lol....hope it will be ok later and me back online tomorrow....

Have a good day everyone whatever you've got planned.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 09:42:44 AM »

Bonjour Kate and good morning to all  :)

Sorry you are not feeling to good today,I'm sure some of your French red medicene will help.  ;D

That is a nice gesture about paying your repects from afar so to speak  :)

@ Chrissie,I hope your PC will soon be better.   ;D

Talking of pubs and beer( as in my other thread posting),I could never get use to the London beer ,

Still,my late dad had a saying......There are no bad beers,just some are better than others.  ;D

Blue seems a lot better,the tablets seem to be 'firming things up so to speak'  :D

and Sue had a good nights sleep. :)

Have a good day whatever you are doing.  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 09:45:55 AM »

Good news about Blue Unc  .....   ! :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 09:48:45 AM »

Good morning, scottiesmum and chrissie and all who may pop in  ;D

Bastille Day ?......is that how the French refer to the NC... :D

@ scottiesmum, I hope you find comfort and solace at your secluded Chapelle...it sounds a delightful place.

@ chrissie....hope you get the PC in top trim after it's wee bit of treatment.

Coolish and grey today, nothing special on the agenda, just relaxing and pottering.

Have a good day.. :)

Ah, unkyUb slipped in when I wasn't looking.....glad to read that Blue seems to be on the mend, and that morpheus has returned to UB Towers.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:24:04 AM »

Morning all :)

Sorry to hear that you're below par, Kate. Hopefully the red medicine will perform its usual magic. Your Chapelle sounds like a lovely peaceful place.

Chrissie, if your PC fixer doesn't do a perfect job, just let us know and we'll send the boys round to have a word with him.

It's good to hear that Blue is 'firming up'. Just make sure to keep the sausages away from him for a few days. ;D

My next-door neighbour suffered much more than I did from yesterday's sewage excitement, and he spent the evening with a mechanical digger ripping up the top layer of his front garden and having it carted away in a lorry. They've got a couple of young kids, so I guess they were worried about the possible health risk. I dealt with it by digging a hole in the garden and using the hosepipe to wash the sludge into the hole. I expect that the nearby rose bush will do particularly well over the next year or so. :)
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:18:09 PM »

@ kate hope youre feeling better soon
Heres a bottle of medicine for you

Glad to hear that things are improving for Blue :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 02:48:17 PM »

:)   Many thanks for the kind words.    We visited the Chapelle and were completely on our own; it does  exactly as you say TD,  offers  solace. It's somewhere we visit often, separately and together.   I am not a religious person and I find the 'trappings' of a lot of church buildings rather overpowering and unnecessary    (just my humble opinion)  ...............  this tiny stone building with it's simple interior, wooden chairs, flag floors and so well tended, yet simple,  alter flowers allows you to quietly  sit and reflect.      The surrounding grounds consist  (surprise, surprise) of vines with the forest as a backdrop; you can hear a pin drop !   I've actually found a photo  on the net  ..... one of the lovely things,  in the 'window' above the main door, is the large old bell, and when you go inside there is an enormously  thick rope for ringing this bell  .....  all very simple !

Kitz, thank you, my favourite sort of medicine  :)   The neck is loosening up but I'm still a bit lopsided   (and that's before a glass  !!  ;D)