Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Halifax Phishing  (Read 5267 times)

mr_chris

• Kitizen
Halifax Phishing
« on: November 23, 2006, 06:31:19 PM »

Thought I'd post this up, something I received today that IE7's phishing filter didn't pick up on

I got an email from "Bank of Scotland Halifax" which looked like the first attachment. This lead onto a website that looked like the second attachment.

Just a warning to everyone really.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Chris

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Halifax Phishing
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 11:33:41 AM »

I got the same mail too.

Only noticed this cause I use mailwasher.... but did you notice what it says if you view the mail in MW?

[Image ignored] [links to bankofscotlandhalifax.co.uk.id16893670702894.pocketmakedoor.com/id0777351/]
How does Mrs E-H react to Mrs R's suspicions? burtt bloodshot I'll start tomorrow.
Excerpts from the clippings pasted in her book contained some real gems:Did they make me feel sad? He would have to cut down, have to duck some of the caps. The crevasse was spreading, as if an earthquake was going on behind her brow. please. My muse has spoken! As usual, her mobcap was askew and she smelled of the snuff she still firmly believed, after all these years, to be a secret vice. "There was a book I read when I was in high school,;Wicks told his wife early the next morning. accordant

weird ???  :-\

Btw got a pile of similar last week only this time they were supposedly from Alliance and Leister.. and Barclays. :no:

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

archie123

• Team Mashed
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 09:25:55 AM »

i get three or four of these a day when i check my online bulk folder.

I may be a little out of line here but you gotta be pretty stupid to fall for it eh? ;)  reading some of them there not even translated into english properly  :lol:

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 10:30:32 AM »

Yeah, the reason I posted that one was because it was a good likeness to the Halifax online website (believe it or not) and someone could quite easily fall for that one in particular.

Some of the others are pretty rubbish, and yes, I agree, you'd have to be stupid to fall for them. However it's the more sophisticated ones that are dangerous.
Chris

archie123

• Team Mashed
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 07:04:22 PM »

tbh Chris the Barclays one aint too bad either , looks pretty convincing , but i also get em from all the other "banks" who i dont even bank with hehe  :D