Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Monday 13th July Chat.  (Read 4518 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Monday 13th July Chat.
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:08:18 AM »

Good morning all.  :)

We received the very sad news yesterday that our friend and neighbour had passed away after a short battle against cancer.

According to her son she wasn't in any pain and passed away in her sleep.

She was 72 and a really nice lady.We always shared a joke and a bit of friendly rivalry as she was a Sheffield United fan.

Have a good day.  :)

scottiesmum

Re: Monday 13th July Chat.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:22:39 AM »

So sorry to hear your sad news Unc.  We lost a family member in the UK last week to this dreadful disease, after being diagnosed only one month prior.   It doesn't discriminate at all does it !   

A peaceful day to all !   :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »

Morning all :)

I'm really sorry to hear both pieces of sad news. :(

Today is supermarket day, so expect me to be grumpy later. You've all been warned. :)

Have a good day.
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 09:18:21 AM »

Today is supermarket day, so expect me to be grumpy later. You've all been warned.

I hope that doesn't mean a new map is in the offing   :scare:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 09:24:05 AM »

Today is supermarket day, so expect me to be grumpy later. You've all been warned. :)

So whats new................ :lol:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 10:19:15 AM »

Good morning all  ;D

I am sorry to read your sad news, unkyUb.
The lady passed away in comfort and free of pain......which I think is what we would all wish for ourselves.

Sun and shower............and TD must get into town today.....later in the week the roads around here will be chaotic once this golf tournament thing at Turnberry gets under way.

Have a good day.  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »

>>>Turnberry<<<<< TD......You can't be too far from Culzean Castle then.There's a Camping and Caravan Club site there.  :)

http://www.siteseeker.co.uk/aspx/details.aspx?id=7070&currentPage=0

Edit. Sue has just taken Blue to the vets,he still has the 'runs' and seems quite off colour so we shall see what the vet has to say.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:17:32 PM by UncleUB »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 01:24:25 PM »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and neighbour.
Cancer is a horrible disease and over the past few years Ive lost several good friends to it way before their time.

As kate says it doesnt discriminate, 2 of them were only in their early 30's and neither smoked. Mark who was one of my closest friends & 'my confidant' didnt even drink alcohol. He was ill for a couple of years with it and underwent numerous ops and treatment.
My best mate and drinking buddy also died from cancer late last year,  but she died relatively quickly after diagnosis.

You never know when your time is up do you?

I still can't decide which is worst quick or long. After seeing Mark suffer towards the end for several months... probably quick and painless is best.. as whilst its a shock for the family and friends i should think its better for the sufferer?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »

Blue is back from the vets.......a course of tablets and light meals,scrambled eggs or the vet says give him tinned 'Chappie' chicken and rice(which imo is the cheapo of dog food).
He seems a bit more lively and his appetite is ok.

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »

Unc, I've been twiddling with the photos and hoping you would post about Blue  ...and I've just seen the Red warning   :) ....  it must be the too rich sausages !!!   delighted he appears much better, and no doubt the tablets will soon 'kick in'   .....   if Scotty is a bit 'off' I give him those tiny pots of natural yoghurt  .....   anyway a big WOOOOOOOF   from Scotty !

I'm confined to barracks today  !!  actually it's self inflicted because it's  :flamer:   so I've been having a look at some of the stuff on my camera scan disc  .....thought you might enjoy   ....sorry if you don't   ::)  ;D

On a recent walk near home hubby took me to see this which I found fascinating; at first I thought it was a parasite wrapping itself around the tree, but on closer inspection it's the same tree  ...

Just further up the road is this wonderful specimen....   it must be about  15 metres wide  ..  the path is so narrow I couldn't get further away from it to do it justice  ...     and wasn't sure the people would like me in their garden  :D           I've admired it for years ...

This was one I took on our trip to the Rhone Alps,  I forgot about it  !   I was a bit startled at first, but it's  actually an old tree stump   !!!   (I LOVE wood  !)   the focus is a bit strange probably as I took it as we were driving  !!!  Perhaps TD could have a twiddle  !!

This was our more recent couple of days near the coast, we had this 'Aire' to ourselves

The route back   .....  we were surrounded by these  ...   spectacular  !

in the distance ....

back home and our Chasselet's are doing well  !   just a small section

I can't help but notice that a few of the photos have a blue hue  !!!  I wondered if it  is just the  :sun: :sun: :sun: catching the light of the sky  ??     :lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 04:17:41 PM »

Nice pictures Kate, and I'm sure you'll soon be getting some advice about the blue hue.

I'm please to hear that Blue is hopefully on the mend.

I said I'd be grumpy later, and just to increase the grump factor, this afternoon a sewage pipe burst just up the road from here. Nasty smelly stuff poured down the road, and some of it found its way down my little driveway and formed a pool round the house. Lovely. :no:  :sick:

Now I'm really grumpy. :wall:
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »

Lovely pictures Kate,I love the fields of Sunflowers.
Reminds me of Provence,Sunflowers and Lavender fields.Oh the warmth,get some lovely fresh produce from a local market and start cooking,some French bread and local rose wine.(Ooops sorry,I am getting carried away there)  :D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 05:03:44 PM »

@ unkyUb...glad to see Blue's innards are behaving themselves.....hope the cure has been found.

@ roseway....be grateful that you don't live next to Blue as he was yesterday  :D

@ scottiesmum.....lovely pics.  :)............blue cast.....you are not using your white balance thing, are you ? Set that to "sunny" and it will add a wee touch of warm up to get rid of the blue.

Log pic. is really beyond redemption, but have tried.....the result is not good.

scottiesmum

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 06:54:44 PM »

Thanks TD  .....   I know the Log (Deer Head)  one is a mess  !!!!   I took it  'en passant' and then twiddled with it too much  ......  ::)      not to worry  ....   must remember to set the  :sun: thingy on the camera  .....  You wouldn't think I 'd need MORE  :sun: :sun: :sun:  would you    :lol:     Thank you   ! 

PS..Just think Eric,, you now have your own moat            :angel:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »

>> PS..Just think Eric,, you now have your own moat

Thank you very much, your compassion is overwhelming :lol:
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2