Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Digital Photo Frames  (Read 4376 times)

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
Digital Photo Frames
« on: June 04, 2009, 11:02:55 AM »

Good Morning everyone, lovely weather! :)

I bought a digital photo frame with the intention of editing some favourite snaps, loading them onto an SD card and viewing them on the photo frame, but when I do this the digi frames tells me the card is empty.

I put the card into my camera to check and it too says the card is empty, however when viewing the card on the PC all the photos are there.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please? :'(

Peter

camallison

• Kitizen
Re: Digital Photo Frames
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 12:31:48 PM »

Are the pictures of the right format - ie, all Jpegs?  You may have transferred pictures of te wrong format.  The info that came with your photo frame will tell you which format it will display.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 02:06:41 PM »

Peter, had you at an earlier time downloaded the pics from the card onto your PC ?

It may be that if you have done that, the card might have had the contents deleted and that when you connect to frame/camera there is nothing to view but when connected to the PC, the residual thumbs.ini file on the card is connecting to the images on the PC.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:42:26 PM »

There is usually an option after you have downloaded the images from your SD card to delete the images from your card,I wonder if this is whats happened unknowingly ?

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »

OK, these are photos I have downloaded to my computer, edited, and then loaded onto the SD card as jpegs.

If I take an sd card straight from the camres the images are displayed correctly.

Pete :-[
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 07:27:51 PM by Peter »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 07:02:10 AM »

Morning, Peter.

After having edited the pics. and when you reload them onto the SD card, are you loading the thumbnails.ini file as well as the images ?

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 09:49:06 AM »

Good Morning Tuftedduck, now you have me there???  What I do is creat a new folder for these pics and download that to the SD card.

By the way, are you the tufted Duck I saw yesterday on the Spring Watch river webcam? ;) Cracking quality pictures from those BBC webcams I have to say.

Pete

PS Sorry for digressing. :-[

anything