Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: OH NO sky HELP!!  (Read 3848 times)

jeffbb

• Kitizen
OH NO sky HELP!!
« on: June 04, 2009, 07:00:06 PM »

HI
NOT broadband  ;D

Over the last 4 days I have been trying to replace my sky viewing card   ::)

Followed the simple instructions , didn't work left it 24hrs tried again same result . kept getting message replace old card wait 5 minutes ,try again.
Looked at help on the net and tv  no help .
Rang HELP number . (INDIA) surprise an answer within 1 minute  :)
promptly got cut off >:(
Rang again 10 min hanging on then a voice . Explained problem
The Lady sounded very upbeat . After many swapping of old card ,new card with no success,She said it just needed to have signal sent ,to leave box connected 24hrs with old card in then everything should be OK for the swap
It wasn't rang again . Quick response (Scotland ??). Explained problem , the man said yes he saw that I had rang the day before .After swapping cards a few times with same results ,he reckoned that sending another signal would solve it . Had to wait 24hrs .
Rang again .only 1 min wait . Lady welcomed me I explained problem ,etc etc . She then said that she would pass on the problem to the technical person they would ring within 24Hrs.
Guess what ,they didn't. NOW my old card is no longer authorised .  >:(
Rang again .quick answer . Lady welcomed me (same one ?) .Explained that I had rang 3 times before etc etc . She asked if she could talk to technical dept. Put me on hold .8 minutes . She came back and said We will send signal that should sort it . :-X
I now insisted that I speak to the technical dept .
After about 5 min Got the tech guy (scotland ?). He listened ,took me through a few steps ,he worked out there was a problem that would need him to talk to me on my mobile with the box using landline . He rang me on mobile . after about 15 min of testing he worked out what the problem was  ,found the way to fix  it   . :)

Deja vu  .I could have sworn I was talking to Tiscali help when talking to first line help   :lol:

Once you get to real tech people then  ;D
Just got to get past these script readers . Alls well that ends well  :)
Regards jeff

zen user

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: OH NO sky HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 07:20:50 PM »

Funnily enough, on the few occasions when I've called Sky I've found their people to be helpful and competent. I had a card which didn't get authorised first time, but after I phoned them they told me to leave it in the box and check in a couple of hours, and when I did, it was authorised. Either I've been lucky, or you've been unlucky. ;D
  Eric

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 10:39:14 PM »

born under a lucky star :fingers:
zen user

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 04:43:57 PM »

When we had Sky put back in our house they were very helpful as we'd had an offer for Free Sky+ through the door and threw it, but Top Up TV was getting worse so rung them, explained that we'd thrown it and they said "thats not a problem" and got Free Sky + Free Install and TV was back up within 10minutes.

Did have problems but they promptly sorted them out. Very good customer service but didn't know they had a call centre at Tiscali HQ in India? :-X

Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 06:41:13 PM »

As far as I remember, whenever I've called them the voice has been Scottish.
  Eric