Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Google Optimisation  (Read 8962 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Google Optimisation
« on: August 10, 2009, 04:20:31 PM »

Hi all,

I have set up my friend with Site and have done the usual submit URL to Google and linked it with my Webmasters Tools account.

Google indexed the site last night after Googlebot crawled the site and it appears in search results.

However, doing a search for one of the keywords I put in the META KEYWORDS tag it brings it 5th or 6th.

Is there anything I can do to improve this or do I just have to let Google crawl and index in hope it will go up the list. Doing a Google for the site TITLE tag brings it below a Google Maps entry, I am in the middle of submitting her to Google Local Business

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Jamie :)
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Google Optimisation
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 02:12:16 AM »

>> doing a search for one of the keywords I put in the META KEYWORDS tag it brings it 5th or 6th.

It depends what the metaword is..  if its something unique to the site then it should bring out the results near to the top..   however if its something fairly generic, then for a new site its pretty good going to get it on the front page.

You could be up against many other sites that are using the same keyword, so therefore its down to google just how applicable your content is when it comes to that particular metatag.
It also helps if you are linked to from similar reputable companies.  Dont ever be tempted to list on certain sites that will give link exchanges as google seem to mark down if youre listed on those.  Genuine sites such as local business though is fine :O

A site with content that has been up for longest is more likely to get a better ranking than a newly formed site.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: Google Optimisation
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 09:53:04 PM »

Thank you Kitz  :)

However after the long wait both sites I have designed are now top ranking in Google searches :D
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

anything