Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Burning Disks  (Read 2764 times)

bully4me

Burning Disks
« on: May 16, 2009, 10:54:48 AM »

Hello again,Can anyone please help me to understand and fix my problem with burning disc`s,
I can download films from the net but when I try to burn them to disc I get all sort of problems,
like `Incorrect disc format` `bad disc` and so on,I`m completely confused about the whole thing,
I have tried everything possible like reading all the past posts,researching the net but nothing seems
to help,i have 3 different dvd players and I get the same error message on all of them,
I have 3 different convert programs but nothing makes sense so it must be me..
I try to burn with Nero and ashampoo and even Express Burn and gert the same result,
they all play on my computer but not on my dvd  players,
Can some kind soul put me out of my misery and explain ..1 what format I need to have..
2 do I have to convert after download..
I convert using program Avi divx to dvd svc.....and Convertx to dvd 3...and Divx to dvd.
if I don`t crack it this time I will just pack it all in..thanks Bully4me..

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: Burning Disks
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »

I can download films from the net
What is the format you are downloading?

but when I try to burn them to disc I get all sort of problems, like `Incorrect disc format`
How have you tried to convert them and to what format, (DVD, VCD, SVCD, Divx)?

bad disc`
Possibly you have a bad batch of disc's (What sort of disc's are they, DVD or CD?

I have tried everything possible like reading all the past posts,researching the net but nothing seems to help,
Take another look at some of the tutorials on this page. http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?board=30.0

i have 3 different dvd players and I get the same error message on all of them,
So it's unlikely to be your DVD player, but the way it's being burnt which may be using too fast a speed

I have 3 different convert programs but nothing makes sense so it must be me..
See link above.

I try to burn with Nero and ashampoo and even Express Burn and gert the same result,
they all play on my computer but not on my dvd  players,
Again, possibly a bad batch of disc's.

1 what format I need to have..
Converting to DVD (VOB) using ConvertXtoDVD is by far the easiest to use. http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=2994.0

2 do I have to convert after download..
Yes & No, Although for playing on domestic DVD players, converting to DVD format is by far to be recommended as not all DVD players will play or supprt DIVX format.

I convert using program Avi divx to dvd svc.....and Convertx to dvd 3...and Divx to dvd.
See recommendations from tutorials.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 04:06:39 PM by oldfogy »

orainsear

• Reg Member
Re: Burning Disks
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 06:30:30 PM »

Can you successfully play the burned disc on your computer?

What format of DVD discs are you using (DVD-R DVD+R etc etc) and are you sure that they are compatible with the DVD players.

anything