Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Open Office  (Read 3938 times)

bully4me

Open Office
« on: April 15, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall The Open Office program,
Its so annoying that everytime I boot up Open Office starts up
as well,It

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
Re: Open Office
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:59:43 PM »

If you want to remove open office go to control panel and chose 'add/remove programmes'  (XP) or 'programme and features' (vista) and uninstall open office. 

Alternatively remove from start up go to 'run' type in 'msconfig' and uncheck openoffice on start up tab.

gom

bully4me

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:10:35 PM »

Thanks Sir,I tried to uninstall using add/remove but I got this message..
"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

then it says to ..type this in box below..Openofficeorg30.msi  ..which I did but it won`t remove it.

and it`s not in the start in msconfig..bully4me

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:39 PM »

That type of message can occur if part of the install file is no longer on the local machine and/or the application was installed from a remote location.
Some applications look for the msi when adding/making changes/deleting the application.

According to this

OpenOffice.org installs simply without significant registry changes or placing files outside of its Program Files directory: this makes the OpenOffice.org application easy to relocate to different folders—even on different computers

If that is the case, then you may be able to uninstall by deleting the folder in c/progs.. and then checking theres nothing under the user profile.
Finally then use a registy cleaner or something like CCleaner to make sure theres no orphaned files left hanging around.

it`s not in the start in msconfig

It should be in there somewhere... it may not be under msconfig --> startup tab...  but possibly under the services tab?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker