Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: mobilephonecrazy.com  (Read 28441 times)

camallison

• Kitizen
mobilephonecrazy.com
« on: May 12, 2009, 09:36:35 AM »

Have any of you people dealt with this company before?  I ordered from them on Thursday 30th April and haven't seen my goods yet.  Email to their customer service address on 6th May got the following reply: 

"All enquiries are responded to, in the order in which they are received. We aim to reply to you within 48 - 72 business hours, but we thank you for your patience at this time as we are experiencing high volumes of enquiries. Please rest assured your e-mail will be answered, although Customer Services does not work on Saturdays, Sundays, or UK Bank Holidays and will not be able to reply at these times."

Yes, you guessed it - they haven't yet responded.

Their customer service phone line isn't answered and, if you call their sales line and say you are chasing an order, they cut you off.

I would be interested in hearing other people's experience if they have dealt with them.

Colin

[EDIT]  I since saw this on their terms & conditions:

We offer Royal Mail Second Class Delivery, free of charge, for all orders. Orders shipped by this method are usually received within 5 days, however, since this is not a guaranteed service, please allow up to 14 days to receive your order. All orders are automatically shipped by this method, unless you select another alternative shipping method on our website, or inform us otherwise at the time you place your order by telephone, fax, or post. We are not responsible for orders lost in transit. If Royal Mail loses your order (classified as “lost” by Royal Mail after 15 business days) please be aware that this is beyond our control. We cannot issue a refund for non-delivery of your order by Royal Mail, as you selected this delivery option, which is a non guaranteed delivery service as per Royal Mail terms and conditions.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:42:44 AM by camallison »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: mobilephonecrazy.com
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:50:38 AM »

I haven't dealt with them, and from what you say I don't think I ever will. I don't think that excerpt from their Ts & Cs would stand up in court though.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:52:12 AM »

I think floydy may have had stuff from them in the past.

hmmm  Ive just seen your edit - that seems like a total cop out and not sure if they can do that.

Ive just done a google and came up with this and this.

If they dont respond may be an idea to raise a dispute with your credit card co.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:55:42 AM »

That doesn't sound good Colin,I have never heard of them,and tbh I don't think i want to.
Thanks for posting though,it lets others know that they are not very reputable.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 09:56:26 AM »

Thanks guys - shame I didn't see these sooner!

Lesson learned - at a cost of £12.

Colin

PS - as registered blind (20% vision), how am I expected to read such small print as their T&Cs?  I currently have a 42 inch TV as my "monitor" but still have to scroll and pan to read anything in their "small print".

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:03:01 AM »

Short of making a big fuss I guess that £12 is a write-off. :(   Depending on how energetic you feel, I think it deserves a complaint to Trading Standards.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 10:06:00 AM »

I would definitely contact trading standards.Even though its only £12 this company should not be allowed to keep trading in this way.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 10:53:46 AM »

You probably all know this, but just in case...

One of the (dis)-advantages of a .com domain name is that the domain registrant and administrator is denied anonymity.  So, if you go to whois.net you can get full name, address and geographic phone numers for the people behind said website.  These may not be the actual people who've got your £12, but it could be worth hassling them anyway?  It's an address in Wokingham, Berks, in this case.

Don't hit whois.net too often or your IP address might get listed as a possible SPAM engine trying to collect data.

- 7LM

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 11:39:54 AM »

I think Kitz's advice about contacting  the credit card company is the right direction to take.....    we had a similar problem a few years ago in dealing with a UK company who conveniently between our order and delivery, went into liquidation  !!!  our CC company refunded the amount in total...   so I would strongly advise you to give them a call Colin ....  and  :fingers:

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »

You probably all know this, but just in case...

One of the (dis)-advantages of a .com domain name is that the domain registrant and administrator is denied anonymity.  So, if you go to whois.net you can get full name, address and geographic phone numers for the people behind said website.  These may not be the actual people who've got your £12, but it could be worth hassling them anyway?  It's an address in Wokingham, Berks, in this case.

Don't hit whois.net too often or your IP address might get listed as a possible SPAM engine trying to collect data.

- 7LM

Excellent idea - I have Sam Spade on my machine and did the who-is through that ....... now I have a direct phone number, instead of a call-centre number and a private email address.  The street address given is just a registered mail drop.

Credit card company have agreed to take it up as well - they don't like rogue merchants on their system.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 03:53:09 PM »

Maybe have a result ....... just received this email from them:

QUOTE .... I have therefore started an investigation with Royal Mail to determine what has happened to your package as all are tracked from when they leave our warehouse. I have also filed a claim with them for the missing parcel. Should Royal Mail contact you about the non delivery, your cooperation would be appreciated.

I have also asked our warehouse to resend your order to you again immediately, and have upgraded the postage to Recorded Delivery to ensure you receive it this time.

On behalf of Royal Mail please accept our apologies for the lost package. You should be receiving the replacement order very soon. If however, there are continuing issues with delivery, please do let us know, and we can then chase it for you with your local postal delivery office.

UNQUOTE

:fingers:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 03:58:57 PM »

I hope it works out. :fingers:
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 04:12:20 PM »

Could be a result Colin   :fingers:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »

Glad that they have responded..  Hopefully you will get the goods.. let us know.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »

I am still a doubting Thomas until they actually arrive.   :-\
Pages: [1] 2

anything