Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: ROGUES GALLERY  (Read 10791 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: ROGUES GALLERY
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2009, 08:35:39 AM »

This is another example of being rewarded for being corrupt

Less than 48 hours after his return to government, Shahid Malik is facing fresh questions about his use of parliamentary expenses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5499647/Shahid-Malik-faces-new-questions-over-his-expenses.html

Sir Philip Mawer said it was unfortunate Mr Malik had been unable to provide a proper audit trail from the start.

How convenient.  >:(

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 01:16:15 PM »

It seems 'Our Tony' also liked to have his snout in the trough when he was PM.

http://tinyurl.com/mrv9hw

Mr Blair, who left Downing Street on June 27, 2007, submitted an invoice on June 25 for "roof repairs" which cost £6,990. The bill was dated June 8, suggesting that Mr Blair arranged for the work to be done after he had announced the date when he would be leaving parliament

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »

Would that be the same Mr Blair who is apparently in the running for the next EU president? Plenty of well-stocked troughs there. >:(
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 04:32:50 PM »

Would that be the same Mr Blair who is apparently in the running for the next EU president? Plenty of well-stocked troughs there. >:(

It looks like it,and where the pig is you can be assured the piggess(  :-X ) won't be far behind.

Remember the 'Kinnocks'...............the words, milk and dry spring to mind.  >:( >:( >:(

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 09:44:47 AM »

And there still at it............. :angry:

MPs have ignored public anger over the expenses system by quietly introducing new rules which allow them to claim up to £9,125 a year without producing any receipts

http://tinyurl.com/m37vbr

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 09:52:59 AM »

:wall: :shoot:
  Eric

orainsear

• Reg Member
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »

So much for visibility of expenditure and accountability of the individual.  That's a big lump of petty cash!  Scandalous.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2009, 12:07:12 PM »

MPs have ignored public anger over the expenses system by quietly introducing new rules which allow them to claim up to £9,125 a year without producing any receipts

Is it just me or do they seem to be able to make up the rules as they go along to suit?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2009, 12:22:01 PM »

"...goalong to suit."

Suit ! thats a thought can can claim for a suit................ :-X

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2009, 12:27:02 PM »

doh.... now what have I started?  :-X
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2009, 12:33:46 PM »

It has been approved without any public announcement or debate in Parliament as MPs leave for their summer holidays. Instead it has been agreed by a small committee of MPs chaired by John Bercow, the new Speaker, and including Harriet Harman, the Labour Leader of the House and Alan Duncan, the Tory frontbencher.

I wonder if we would be able to set our own expenses  in the workplace and not submit any receipts..............

MP's spend 128 days a year in the commons,do you think that warrants all the expenses they claim

exo

• Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2009, 09:53:54 PM »

So, as I understand it, they need a second home in London in order to attend Parliament.
We, the tax payer foot the bill for this second home mortgage and all the furnishings.
When they finally leave Parliament, the home is sold (or one of them) and they keep all the money and no capital gains tax applies, which  the rest of us have would to pay under similar circumstances.

Now, assuming they are living in their second home which we are paying for, they now claim an overnight subsistence allowance from their designated home. Of course, the designated home will change on a daily basis depending on the expenses claimed. I have no doubt that Hazel Blears can clarify what amounts to a designated home. Oh, I forgot about the subsidised restaurant and bar at Parliament (the only bar in the country where you can legally smoke). Definitely a case of one rule for them and another for the rest of us.

I listened to a recent program on the radio and records showed that only 10% of the population earn more than £48.000pa.
As MP's earn in excess of £60K pa, I think they are quite well paid for what they do in comparison to the rest of us. As 80% of our law now comes from an unelected Brussels, it makes me wonder what our MP's actually now do in Parliament...........apart from the childish Prime Minister's question time each Wednesday.

So power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Time for a complete change, power to the people..............I wish, I have a feeling things we go back as they were and we and the media will not know about it in the future.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything