Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ROGUES GALLERY  (Read 10795 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
ROGUES GALLERY
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:42:28 AM »

We new they fiddled claimed their expenses,but this is just obscene.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/

Comments made by Harriet Harmen

She told the BBC Radio Four Today programme that the detail "looks bad" but insisted the Commons was relatively free of corruption.

"LOOKS BAD",too right it looks ******* bad.  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

scottiesmum

Re: ROGUES GALLERY
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 10:56:50 AM »

Hazel Blears'   recent condemnation of others  looks a bit thin now doesn't it ...  >:(   and Harriet Harman !!!!  ......  well say no more   >:(       they  really can plait  sawdust   >:(

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 11:03:41 AM »

Isn't it sickening? Even 'Smiler' Brown has been paying his brother, a prosperous consultant to EDF, for 'cleaning services'. There is certainly some cleaning which needs doing... >:(
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 01:54:04 PM »

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 04:22:04 PM »

HONORABLE members ??

Definition: Worthy of honor; fit to be esteemed or regarded; estimable; illustrious.

Definition: High-minded; actuated by principles of honor, or a scrupulous regard to probity, rectitude, or reputation.

Definition: Worthy of respect; regarded with esteem; to be commended; consistent with honor or rectitude.

Definition: not disposed to cheat or defraud; not deceptive or fraudulent; "honest lawyers"; "honest reporting"; "an honest wage"; "honest weight"

Definition: showing or characterized by honor and integrity; "an honorable man"; "led an honorable life"; "honorable service to his country"

:no:

edit . I was going to start a petition to stop MPs using the term Honorable Member as it is so inappropriate . Unfortunately one had been started but its now closed  :(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:01:20 PM by jeffbb »
zen user

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 04:41:02 PM »

Yes, that just about makes the point >:(
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 05:57:44 PM »

It just gets better.......

The Commons authorities have asked police to investigate the leaking of details of MPs' expenses.

And when I read this I nearly burst   :lol: :lol: :lol:

A spokesman for the House said there were "reasonable grounds to believe a criminal offence may have been committed".

http://tinyurl.com/ov9atp
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 06:57:51 PM by UncleUB »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 06:07:49 PM »

:no:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 06:51:07 PM »

clutching at straws ?(oops)

quote "reasonable grounds to believe a criminal offence may have been committed".

surely the police should only get involved when "reasonable grounds to believe a criminal offence may have has been committed".

can you imagine the police response if I reported that "I had reasonable grounds to believe that I might have been attacked /robbed "

Its  obviously a national security issue that these expenses claims  have been released to the general public (the mugs that pay for this ).

Regards Jeff
zen user

stevie

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 08:29:30 PM »

It doesn`t improve & can only get worse....absolutely disgusting.

Why does Gordon need a Cleaner can He or His wife not use a Hoover? Last time I saw them on TV they didn`t look disabled to me....Like  many in power its Pigs at the Trough.

Makes me sick, when there are many struggling to make ends meet.

I was always brought up to lead by example, doubt I could follow their example.....I know what I`d get told if I wondered down to the Council & said "Heres my cleaners bill, I`d like to claim for it!" Pretty certain I`d get told in no uncertain terms to F off.

They are so desperate to hid things & you can see why...

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 10:15:27 PM »

I think that the voters didn't have a great deal of faith in MP's before this happened, but now!!

It looks as though the prime reason to become an MP is to get you and me to pay for a second home and to finance the furnishing of it.  If members of the public were to carry on in this way they would be done for fraud, but not it seems MP's.  If they had any credibilty it's gone now.

Disgruntled voter.

gom

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 10:49:33 PM »

One of the most irritating aspects is the way they keep on claiming that their expenses are 'within the rules'. Well of course they are - they are the people who wrote the rules! How many other groups of workers are there who get to set their own salaries and expenses? >:(
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 07:19:31 AM »

And on it goes......

Minister Barbara Follett claimed more than £25,000 for security at her London home, the Daily Telegraph says in its latest leak of MPs' expenses.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8041232.stm

The wife of author Ken Follett and one of Parliament's richest MPs, she said: "I claimed it, it's within the rules and I have no comment to make.

"It's not a matter of her wealth, it's a matter of how can you possibly claim this amount of money for protection when we have a police service?"

The four most used words at present in the Commons.........Nothing,Wrong,Within,Rules
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 07:22:27 AM by UncleUB »

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 10:10:09 AM »

Is there any MPs that have  not put there  noses in the trough of deceipt and corruption ?
zen user

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 10:39:43 AM »

Is there any MPs that have  not put there  noses in the trough of deceipt and corruption ?

I very much doubt it  :no:

Items which have been claimed for,

5p instore carrier bags,

KitKats,

And food forthree homes,didn't know you could be in three places at once.  >:(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4